State of Confusion is now open in LoSo, marking the second location for the popular restaurant and bar.
The original location in Chattanooga is well-known for its expansive menu, cocktails and family-friendly environment.
Why it matters: State of Confusion is the latest addition to the quickly-growing Lower South End (LoSo) neighborhood, located across the street from Weathered Souls and Red Clay Ciderworks.
- From the same owners as STIR in South End, State of Confusion promises to offer something for everybody — from the vibes to the food.
- It’s also close to LoSo Station, a planned mixed-use development with offices, restaurant and retail space, a hotel and apartments.
[Go deeper: 16 things to do in Lower South End]
What to expect: The two-story building is roughly 9,000 square feet and can seat around 500 people. “It’ll be dog-friendly and family-friendly,” owner Jamie Walton said.
- The rooftop has cabanas, inspired by the owners’ trips to Miami.
- The downstairs area has an outdoor patio with a grill, fire pits, large games like connect four and picnic tables for seating.
- The main indoor dining room will have murals and a large bar, with the large kitchen as its centerpiece.
“It’s kinda crazy but it all works together,” Walton said.
The menu: Expect a fusion of Latin American, New Orleanian and low-country fare. Everything will be made from scratch, down to the bologna, which they’ll use to make fried bologna sandwiches and bologna benedict for brunch. They’ll serve lunch and dinner, plus brunch on Saturday and Sunday.
- They also have an Argentinian wood fire grill (AKA parrilla), which they use to make steak and burgers. They even grind their own burger meat in -house.
- The menu has eight different ceviches, which the executive chef learned to make on a trip to Peru — where ceviche originated.
- Their brunch menu will also include chicken and funnel cakes (instead of chicken and waffles), breakfast burritos and breakfast burgers.
- In addition to beer and seltzers, they have three draft cocktails — a hurricane, a margarita and “Confusion on the Bayou,” a vodka-based cocktail with Blue Curacao, Pamplemousse, pineapple, grapefruit juice and simple syrup.
Details: State of Confusion is located at 3500 Dewitt Ln. in LoSo.
- It’s open Sunday-Thursday: 11am-midnight, Friday 11am-1am, Saturday 10am-1am and Sunday 10am-midnight.
Editor’s note: This story was originally published in January and updated April 6 to reflect the new opening date.