Founded in 2003, Hull & Chandler, P.A. provides sophisticated counsel to businesses and individuals on a more efficient basis than can be provided by larger law firms. Through a team of attorneys, the firm represents parties in both litigation and transactional matters. Hull & Chandler, P.A. is a small law firm that handles big matters.
Our law firm is in immediate need of an experienced paralegal to assist with commercial real estate and estate planning. An ideal candidate should be familiar with the entire closing process, probate and trust administration, and estate planning. The candidate shall have excellent problem-solving skills, and a willingness to provide superior client service with a positive attitude. Knowledge of elder law, 1031 exchanges, SBA financing, and real estate title issues is a plus. We are open to a full-time, or part-time paralegal.
Interact and communicate with buyers, sellers, brokers, lenders, clients, title companies, and other involved parties on the status of closing transactions, scheduling, deadlines, etc.
Pro-actively set up closing files and coordinate closing dates among all parties. Assist in preparing wills, livings wills, powers of attorney, and trust. Assist in the probate process and long-term care planning.
Requirements and competencies:
• Prior estate planning or elder law experience is a plus
• Prior real estate closing experience is a plus
• Paralegal certification is a plus
• Knowledge or prior experience working with title companies
• Knowledge of real estate contracts and agreements
• Ability to order title searches and set up closings
• Coordinate and schedule closings
• Set up files
• Assist in preparing closing packages
• Handle post-closing issues
• Draft estate planning documents including trust
• Knowledge of the probate process including full estates, small estates, spousal allowances, etc.
• Field calls and client intake
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
• Must be able to handle and adjust effectively to strict competing deadlines and priorities
• Solid detail orientation
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with other team members
• Effective interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Strong desire to please client/service focused
• Positive attitude
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent phone etiquette
• Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills
• Ability to present oneself as well as the company in a professional manner
• Proficient in the use of a computer and corresponding programs
• Attention to detail
• Interpersonal skills and customer service skills required
• Ability to use DocuSign and Adobe Sign
• 401k – 3% match
• Health Insurance
Monday to Friday/ 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Waiting period may apply