The Data Analyst will be responsible for the preparation of reports and ad hoc data requests to support the evaluation and measurement of museum performance metrics. The person in this role will help design and modify dashboards utilizing Power BI and other reporting tools at the direction of the Manager, Database.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Maximize the organization’s understanding of the data we collect by analyzing various metrics on a regular basis
• Produce weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and analysis for product senior staff, using clear and creative data presentation skills PowerBI or other analytics tools may be used
• Design and build automated solutions for business intelligence and reporting dashboards
• Identify and analyze trends, patterns, and shifts in Museum visitor behavior, both independently and in collaboration with various departments
• Perform complex ad hoc queries and analyses that combine multiple tools and data sources and types, including analysis for various departments as needed
• Serve as a resource for the department in regard to analytics implementation and analysis
• Provide support and training in the use of prepared reports within systems
• Work closely with the Manager, Database to the establish processes and documentation of reporting
• Manage the flow of data requests to ensure that all appropriate information is provided and in a timely manner. Set appropriate timelines for the completion of such information and communicate timelines to end users
• Develop and maintain reports using NetSuite, Salesforce, and Ticketure as well as PowerBI and Microsoft Excel and other tools as may be necessary
• Perform or coordinate data mining of the database for historical data information as needed or requested
• Other duties may be assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Experience and/or deep interest in non-profit analytics and processes, particularly with regards to attendance trends, fundraising, marketing, systems analysis, and/or quality assurance
• Familiarity with database structure and querying Salesforce and Ticketure
• Proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced skills in Excel
• Proficient in PowerBI
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to manage multiple requests simultaneously with high degree of accuracy and attention to details
• Work both independently and collaboratively to accomplish quality reports
• Ability to prioritize requests to meet deadlines
• Exhibit excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to work with both technical and non-technical users
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Mathematics or Statistics from four-year College or university; two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates and licenses:
No certifications needed
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.