Director of Accounting
Rabbu is a turnkey platform for Real Estate investors looking to buy properties as short-term rentals. With proprietary technology, Rabbu automates all aspects of a property’s lifecycle as a short-term rental—from procurement to marketing to operations to guest health and safety. Rabbu helps property investors and managers maximize yield.
Rabbu is looking for a dedicated, driven, and detail-oriented Director of Accounting to join our team. The responsibilities of the Director of Accounting will include overseeing the Company’s financial matters, building and maintaining its accounting practices, and reporting to the leadership team.
To be successful as a Director of Accounting, you should have strong accounting skills and the ability to identify and communicate opportunities to optimize financial performance.
This position will be accountable for optimizing our accounting and budgeting systems, as measured by performance against budget.
Strategic work will include:
• Streamline and simplify budgeting, payroll, and financial reporting processes so that the business is scalable
• Assess current accounting operations and offer recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes; make tangible improvements towards automation of repeatable, low-value, and mundane tasks in accounting
• Closely monitor the company’s financial health & performance; recommendations; implement recommendations to increase company profitability
• Provide leadership with information, metrics & incisive commentary vital to the decision-making process to affect positive change
• Note variances from the budget and report important deviations to management
• Develop, implement, and maintain financial controls and guidelines
• Help develop and support short and long-term operational strategies
• Maximize payroll efficiency
• Evaluate the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
Tactical work will include:
• Produce financial status reports for senior management to help improve Rabbu’s operational efficiency and aid in the company’s growth
• Provide tools & reports for management to ensure team is able to track and hit financial objectives
• Achieve budgeting goals with proper scheduling, analysis, and corrective action
• Establish financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, program monitoring, and reporting standards on a daily, weekly, monthly, and annual basis
• Manage unanticipated costs by keeping open, scheduled recurring communication streams with peers
• Manage and analyze financial statements, payroll, budget, tax & regulatory compliance
• Spearhead auditing process (internal & external)
• Manage the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
• Prepare internal & external financial statements
• Ensure all transactional activities are conducted smoothly not limited to: payroll, payables, receivables, chart of accounts, debt payments, cash disbursements, accruals, reconciliations, etc.
Skills and expertise:
• Bachelor’s degree in a finance-related field
• Master’s degree in a finance-related field may be advantageous
• Minimum of five years experience in an accounting position
• Minimum of two years experience in a leadership role may be advantageous
• In-depth knowledge of accounting strategies and methods
• Background in Real Estate and Property Management would be advantageous
• Extremely detail-oriented with high accountability levels
• Strong initiative and ability to lead cross-functionally and proactively
• Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
• Great strategic planning, organizational, and creative thinking skills
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of Rabbu
Benefits at Rabbu:
• Competitive compensation
• Generous stock plan
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• Flexible vacation
• Huge opportunity to help us build a new asset class that is changing the way people live, work and travel
• Workplace flexibility for remote position
Our core values:
• Do what you say you’re going to do
• Focus on the customer
• Give more value than we get
• Blame the system, not the person
• Challenge thinking, then commit
• Be transparent
• Don’t present problems without offering solutions
• Don’t break the chain
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected classes.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or other category or classification protected by applicable law.