Neonatal Director – Nursing Services
Oversees strategic oversight and operational performance. The DON provides leadership, guidance, and direction in achieving outcomes consistent with the mission, vision, and goals of Atrium Health. Assumes leadership responsibility for the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of clinically effective and efficient systems of care and service within the continuum of care.
• Adheres to ANA Nursing Administrations professional standards and regulations
• Accepts organizational accountability for services provided to recipients
• Selects employees and promotes development through performance evaluation, identification of mutual goals and educational opportunities that enhance and encourage continued professional growth
• Utilizes transformational leadership in partnership with employees to develop goals and objectives consistent with organizational mission and philosophy
• Assesses impact of plans and strategies to address such issues as ethnic, cultural and diversity changes in population, political and social influences, financial and economic issues, the aging of society and demographic trends, ethical issues related to health care and environmental influences on health
• Guides strategic planning within service line and participates in strategic planning at the service line/facility and system level
• Works cooperatively with other disciplines, serving as a liaison with other departments for problem solving, relationship building, and execution. Assures effective communication occurs between disciplines, programs, and administration
• Provides nurses with an environment that supports their professional practice, health and well-being
• Manages people and resources to ensure safe and efficient patient care operations
• Leads the development and implementation of approaches to attain top decile performance on all quality and patient satisfaction metrics
• Maintains and improves the department or unit’s quality of care and patient experience
• Establishes, implements, and monitors the unit or service area’s capital and operating budget to achieve defined targets
Work requires walking, standing, and standing. Works in an office environment. Must speak excellent English. Intact sense of sight, and hearing. Work requires critical thinking and ability to concentrate for long periods of time. Must be able to respond quickly and appropriately in stressful situations. Must be able to lift 10 pounds of weight.
Education, experience and certifications:
Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing. Current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner in the state in which you work and reside or; if declaring a National License Compact (NLC) state as your primary state of residency, meet the licensure requirements in your home state; or for Non-National License Compact states, current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner required in the state where the RN works. MSN required. If undergraduate degree is BSN a master’s degree from a health-related program or MBA is acceptable. Must have MSN if undergraduate degree is not BSN. Appropriate professional leadership certification required within 1 year of eligibility for professional certification exam. Previous leadership experience preferred. Additional education, training, certification, or experience may be required within the department by the nurse leader.