Radiology Lab Tech (Full-time)
This position is Sign-on Bonus eligible. Candidates are eligible for a bonus of $7,500. In addition to the sign-on bonus, new teammates at Atrium Health are eligible for robust benefits packages, paid time off, and opportunities for career advancement.
Performs basic radiologic exams and venipuncture procedures. Utilizes radiation safety practices to provide a high-quality examination.
• Performs radiologic exams as ordered by physician
• Performs routine exams in accordance with the department standard operating procedures
• Checks requisitions for physician notes and/or special instructions
• Consults with Radiologist or physician as necessary
• Selects proper technical factors on individual patient basis
• Operates equipment as directed by demands of individual exams
• Assists in maintaining adequate patient records
• Obtains specimens and performs certain diagnostic laboratory tests as ordered by physician
• Prepares specimens for transport to Medical Center or State Lab for procedures not performed at the specific facility
Requires strenuous physical activity of walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, and bending. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 50 pounds in handling of patients and medical equipment and supplies. Must possess an intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch, and finger dexterity. Must have the ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and clinic conditions.
Education, experience and certifications:
High School Diploma or GED. Successful completion of an AMA approved Radiologic Technology Program required. Current registry with ARRT or ability to obtain registry within 6 months of hire date required. 1 year experience preferred.