Associate Director of Corporate Relations
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Charlotte embraces families of sick or injured children by providing the comfort and support of home during their greatest time of need through three programs – Ronald McDonald House, Ronald McDonald House Family Room at Caroline’s Corner and Happy Wheels Hospitality Carts.
The Associate Director of Corporate Relations is an essential member of the Development Team, working alongside all staff members to achieve the organization’s annual fundraising goals. With a focus on corporate giving, this position is responsible for actively identifying, developing, and growing relationships with corporations, businesses, corporate foundations, philanthropic organizations, and civic groups. In addition to creating and implementing corporate solicitation and stewardship plans, this position will oversee and manage corporate-focused fundraising campaigns, initiatives, committees and events.
• Direct corporate gift solicitations to support annual, capital, and event fundraising needs
• Develop and implement corporate giving strategy and stewardship plan with a goal to retain and grow existing partnerships
• Work with Development, Marketing and Communications, and Volunteer and Family Programs staff members in addition to other organization contacts to identify, cultivate, and solicit new corporate partnerships
• Develop and execute corporate benefits. Establish and maintain a system to track fulfillment of partnership obligations
• Work collaboratively with Marketing and Communications to create corporate giving marketing materials and execute corporate benefits
• Work alongside CEO to establish and grow relationships with assigned McDonald’s owner/operators and store employees
• Provide support in executing McDonald’s-specific campaigns and stewardship activities
• Work alongside Development Specialist to maintain accurate records and reporting of McDonald’s facilitated giving programs
Corporate campaigns events
• Lead annual Corporate Campaign including recruitment and management of committee volunteers (Big Max) to achieve corporate fundraising goal
• Serve as project manager for Sport A Shirt, Share A Night Campaign including oversight of corporate sponsorship, team sign-ups, and sales tracking/management through SmartSheet
• Serve as development lead for Red Shoe Shootout fundraising event including oversight of corporate sponsorship and team sign-ups
• Support Jerseys & Jewels fundraising event through corporate sponsorship, auction oversight, and other areas as needed
• Develop strategy to utilize fundraising events and networking events to connect with and grow existing and new corporate partnerships
• Seek opportunities for professional growth and development
• Represent the organization at speaking engagements, networking events and other community events as needed
• Perform other related and assigned duties as necessary.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum 5 years of related experience in donor relations, corporate giving, and event management work
• Experience working directly for a not-for-profit preferred
• Raisers Edge experience preferred.
Knowledge, skills and ability:
• Experience managing volunteers. Ability to lead others and delegate effectively
• Skills in recruiting and cultivating corporate sponsors and donors
• Strong computer and technology skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
• Experience with Raiser’s Edge desired
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills (both written and verbal) to effectively communicate with staff, volunteers, current and prospective donors/sponsors, media, and the public at large. Strong presentation and public speaking skills
• Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills; flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines
• Well organized, self-directed, and able to manage time and multitask. Strong project management skills. Basic financial management skills, including ability to create and manage detailed budgets and meet financial targets. Demonstrated aptitude for attention to detail and accuracy
• Reading Ability: Ability to deal with a variety of variables under only limited standardization. Able to interpret various instructions
• Ability to perform basic math skills to create and interpret data and graphs.
Leadership and management responsibility:
No Direct Reports
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.