Communications Coordinator/Graphics Designer
Charlotte Country Club was founded in 1910 and is located four miles east of uptown Charlotte, in the historic Plaza-Midwood neighborhood. Charlotte Country Club is known as a top 20 private club in the US. The club was also recognized as a Top-50 Platinum Club of the World by the Club Leaders Forum.
Our team is responsible for upholding an “unparalleled country club experience” for our members and their guests through first impressions, kind and attentive service throughout their visit, and always a fond farewell. We focus on personalized service, exercising our ability to create memorable experiences on a daily basis.
The Communications Coordinator will support the Communications Director by providing integrated communications and graphic design support for Club communications.
• Coordinate all aspects of communication such as, but not limited to, weekly e-blasts, website updates, monthly newsletters (both electronic and printed), digital displays, social media postings, flyers, cart signs, posters, letters, etc
• Design and create all Club publications and media, such as the quarterly club magazine, newsletters, brochures, athletic booklets, menus, flyers, logos, etc.
• Support the quality control of all Club communications by ensuring brand standards are met, and all communications are error-free and consistent across all platforms (proofreading, copywriting, grammar, and language advising, etc.)
• Manage the Club’s social media accounts including taking/collecting photos for posts, writing captions, developing a monthly content calendar, designing Instagram stories, posting to LinkedIn, and more
• Create fun and engaging Club videos, including video recording and editing
• Update information in all membership brochures, publications, and the CCC website to ensure all platforms are up to date and accurate
• Provide website assistance to members
• Support the administrative team with projects when necessary
• Must provide warm hospitality to our members, their guests, and our team members
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Associates or bachelor’s degree in Communications, Graphic Design, Marketing, Hospitality, or a related field preferred
• 1-2 years’ preferred experience in communications, marketing, hospitality, customer service, and membership associations
• Must have graphic design experience, with design examples provided upon request
• Impeccable communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to work well with others.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher); Adobe Design products (InDesign, Lightroom, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat); Canva; email / internet; and membership database programs. Must be skilled on camera use and editing options
• Knowledge of CRM or email campaign software, such as MailChimp
• Attention to detail with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
• Demonstrated creative and storytelling skills
• Exceptional time management, planning, and organization required
• Ability to work well independently or in a team setting while also being able to remain flexible in an ever-changing environment
• Ability to maintain confidentiality/privacy of information
• Focused on delivering high levels of member service and respond to all inquiries/requests in a professional and timely manner
• Must be willing and able to work a varied schedule that may include occasional early mornings and evenings
• A team spirit and positive attitude
• Strong customer service skills, interpersonal and communication skills required
Our team members are a friendly group of professionals! We enjoy a beautiful working environment, free meals, staff outings & events. We also offer an assortment of medical benefits & perks for eligible team members including paid time off, free long-term disability insurance, free group life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance, 401(k) match and health savings account contributions from the Club. We have a positive work environment with a dedicated, hardworking, and fun-spirited team and polite and respectful leadership.
Background check and drug test required. We are a drug free workplace.