Director of Marketing and Experience
SouthPark Community Partners (SCP) is a 501(c)4 nonprofit corporation missioned with the vibrancy of Charlotte’s SouthPark district. Formed in 2022, SCP provides professional services in the SouthPark Municipal Service District (MSD 6) through an annual contract with the City of Charlotte.
SouthPark Community Partners, an economic development nonprofit, is looking for a Director of Marketing and Experience to craft compelling stories and memorable experiences that drive emotional connectivity with Charlotte’s SouthPark district.
This is a unique opportunity to activate and grow a brand to shape the way people experience one of Charlotte’s most vibrant neighborhoods. You’ll be the organization’s second employee, so we’re looking for someone extraordinary.
Your initial focus will be on building SouthPark Community Partners’ marketing infrastructure, including social media channels, website content, and email newsletter. You’ll partner with the Executive Director to implement a marketing strategy designed to grow brand awareness and consideration among SCP’s target audiences. You’ll also help to envision new, creative experiences within the SouthPark district and work with external partners to bring them to life.
We are seeking a teammate who is an expert writer, takes ownership and initiative, and is comfortable in a fast-moving startup environment. Most of all, we are looking for someone who has big, bold ideas and the ability to execute on them.
What you’ll do:
• Develop a social media content strategy that drives awareness and consideration of the SouthPark district among our target audiences
• Create and manage regular email communications to district stakeholders
• Create and manage website content
• In partnership with the Executive Director, external event producers, and other partners, envision compelling event experiences that grow SouthPark’s brand
• Collaborate with the Executive Director and other partners to create economic development marketing assets that tell a compelling story about SouthPark and inspire public and private investment
• Manage relationships with external contractors and vendors
What you’ll bring:
• An undergraduate degree in marketing or communications plus four to six years of experience in a marketing role or a combination of relevant education and experience
• Demonstrated success implementing a marketing plan for a consumer-focused brand, with examples of your work
• Superior writing skills
• Knowledge of and passion for content marketing, brand strategy, and/or experiential marketing
• Experience with and/or curiosity about placemaking, urbanism, city building, and place-based economic development—and a desire to expand your knowledge
What we offer:
• Competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as a company-sponsored retirement program
• Generous paid time off
• Annual professional development
• A unique opportunity to build a new organization
SouthPark Community Partners is committed to building a diverse workforce and to fostering a district that is welcoming to all. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.