We are seeking a design-forward advertising professional who can deliver marketing campaigns from conception to implementation. Our ideal candidate has a proven track record of producing thoughtful campaigns on tight deadlines.
As part of the Rock Hill Schools Communications and Marketing team, you will ensure we are putting our best branding forward to internal and external audiences.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, or Graphic Design, or Marketing preferred
• Expert skills in designing with Adobe products
• Outstanding knowledge and use of electronic communication tools to include social media, web, email, etc.
• Ability to recognize and manage confidential information in an efficient and effective manner
• Ability to work effectively with various publics and staff
• Knowledgeable of the educational environment preferred
• Knowledgeable of marketing strategies to include “branding”
• Skilled in planning and project development
• Well organized and task-oriented
• Excellent communication skills with proven attention to detail, accuracy, and message intent
• Outstanding references from current and former supervisors
• Satisfactory SLED (SC Law Enforcement Division) report
Pay Grade 122
Length of contract:
Deadline for application:
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled
Immediately Upon Selection
College transcripts, three references, and a copy of appropriate credentials should also be submitted during the application process.
Prior to employment, the District will request a criminal record history check for past action of crimes. For this reason, information about date of birth, gender, and race is requested as a part of the application process.
The district reserves the right to make changes to the job posting/description as necessary to meet the district’s needs.
The job of the Marketing Manager is to plan and implement overall strategies for all marketing on behalf of the District to raise the District’s visibility, advance its brand, and articulate clear messaging to internal and external constituencies and also work in collaboration with other staff in the marketing and communication department to support the district’s marketing and communication needs.
This job reports to Executive Director of Communications and Marketing.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Work to support the development, implementation, and evaluation of a marketing plan aligned with the district’s strategic planning
• Manage internal communication vehicles and technology tools for access by all staff
• Define and deliver integrated marketing campaigns to engage the community and generate support for district efforts
• Direct district promotional activities including the production and design of marketing materials
• Provide customer service to ensure employees maintain the District’s positive public image
• Take lead on marketing campaigns and activities, including advertising, events, and promotions. Implement performance metrics and tracking tools to measure results
• Demonstrate strong organizational skills – attention to detail and Self-Motivator – willing to take the initiative
• Utilize graphic design skills to enhance District communication, publicity and branding
• Manage the District’s digital media presence through advertising, website updates, promotions and campaigns
• Supports the district-wide strategy for social media activity
• Contributes to the creation of blogs, photos, videos, graphics, and PowerPoint presentations for marketing, advertising and communication campaigns
• Utilize graphic design skills to enhance District communication and publicity
• Assist in the creation and collaboration of Multimedia presentations
• Compile and manage photo archives of events at school and District functions with the assistance of school personnel
• Spearheads the promotion of specialized recognition campaigns and programs
• Manages external promotions to our internal audiences through third-party systems
• Other tasks/events as directed by the Executive Director of Communications and Marketing
Skills, knowledge and abilities:
Skills are required to perform multiple, technical tasks with a need to periodically upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skills required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: planning and organizing programs of a complex nature, developing subordinates to insure a high level of efficiency, dealing with the public, providing leadership and managing a staff of professional personnel.
Knowledge is required to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios; read a variety of manuals, write documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others; and analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions. Specific knowledge required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job includes: pertinent codes, policies, regulations and/or laws; federal and state grants management; education code; instructional needs in other areas such as advanced placement and special education, instructional research, testing and innovative teaching methods.
Abity is required to schedule a number of activities, meetings, and/or events; often gather, collate, and/or classify data; and consider a variety of factors when using equipment. Flexibility is required to independently work with others in a wide variety of circumstances; analyze data utilizing a variety of complex processes; and operate equipment using a variety of processes. Ability is also required to work with a significant diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with data of widely varied types and/or purposes; and utilize a variety of types of job-related equipment. In working with others, independent problem solving is required to analyze issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data requires analysis based on organizational objectives; and problem solving with equipment is moderate to significant. Specific abilities required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: communicating with diverse groups; meeting deadlines and schedules; setting priorities; working as part of a team; flexible to changing conditions; making quick and accurate decisions; working with multiple projects; maintaining confidentiality; and facilitating communication between persons with frequently divergent positions; must be willing and able to work in the following conditions: busy, noisy, with consistent interruptions; must have a valid driver’s license where travel among the district buildings and outside of District occurs on a regular, ongoing basis; Frequent evening and early morning meetings.
Responsibilities include: working independently under broad organizational policies to achieve organizational objectives; managing major organizational components; and supervising the use of funds for multiple departments. Utilization of significant resources from other work units is routinely required to perform the job’s functions. There is a continual opportunity to significantly impact the Organization’s services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 80% sitting, 10% walking, and 10% standing. This job is performed in a generally clean and healthy environment.
Job related experience within specialized field with increasing levels of responsibility is required and a proven track record of success in marketing or advertising.
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Pre-employment TB Test
Satisfactory SLED (SC Law Enforcement Division) report; outstanding references from current and former employers