Sales and Design Consultant
For more than four decades California Closets has built a reputation for delivering truly custom products and unparalleled service to our clients. All of our projects are 100% custom and built with the best products in the industry. We’ve helped transform spaces, enhanced homes, and allowed people to get more out of life. And as we move forward, we’re passionate about continuing to do all that and more!
The Design Consultant provides an in-home customer experience by designing and selling cabinetry, closets, countertops, home offices, garages, media centers, and other storage solutions for homes. The position includes estimating, selling, measuring home spaces, and customer service.
• Design organization units for customers utilizing technology (ie. Laptop, Ipad) and our proprietary CAD software program
• Utilize a consultative sales approach to meet monthly sales goals
• Telecommute to customers’ homes for a needs analysis to design a unit
• Participate in monthly training sessions
• Continuous follow-up with the customers and collaboration with the installation team to ensure job completion
• Pursue referrals and repeat business
• Professional and assertive, consultative sales skills
• Understanding the importance of repeat customers, referrals, and cultivating relationships
• Interior design education, direct industry experience, or proven passion for home décor
• Experience in customer service or retail sales of any kind, where the consultant is the reason for repeat clients
• The ability to be consistently inspirational and create delightful customer and brand experiences
• Confidently be able to sell and promote a product
• Advanced knowledge of working with basic computer software programs and/or previous experience with CAD Software
• The ability to be creative, yet meticulously detail-oriented with a sense of craftsmanship
• Team player with the ability to manage a portfolio of projects and clients of different complexity in a dynamic environment
Compensation and benefits:
• A generous compensation package that includes a paid training program, commission, and bonuses
• Initial and ongoing training on products, CRM, and proprietary CAD software
• Qualified leads; a flexible work schedule; an excellent environment in a refreshingly open culture alongside individuals who love to exceed expectations
The heart and soul of our company are our people — installers, manufacturing & production teams, sales design consultants, and other positions throughout our company. We believe in you. We trust in you. We invest in you. Your growth and success are our growth and success.
At California Closets, our people reflect different perspectives, life experiences, and the world we all share. Diversity and inclusivity make us a better company and help us connect to each other and our customers.
Differences make us stronger. Shared values make us family. Combine who you are with what you love to do. Find yourself a home at California Closets.