MBA Student Engagement Event Manager
The MBA Student Engagement Event Manager creates, executes, and manages a seamless student experience for MBA students enrolled throughout the year. Specifically, the position independently handles the planning and management of student events, triages student issues, and assists with events. This is a front-facing, highly visible role that will have significant interaction with faculty and students when the Executive MBA in Charlotte classes are in session, mainly Fridays and Monday evenings. This role will work within a matrix structure, directly interfacing with students, faculty, and staff at all levels.
The MBA Student Engagement Event Manager reports directly to the Senior Associate Director of Student Engagement and has significant contact with Executive MBA students, especially those in the Executive MBA in Charlotte. This position is responsible for collaborating in key working relationships with constituents across the business school, partnerships, and campus. While the key objectives and projects of this role evolve with program requirements and the overall needs of the MBA community.
Required qualifications, competencies, and experience:
• Ability to work nights and weekends
• Occasional travel
• Ability to manage multiple time-sensitive competing priorities
• Exceptional attention to detail and ability to anticipate issues and needs
• Strong familiarity with project management methodologies and documentation
• Demonstrated ability to organize information from multiple sources
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Proven ability to creatively solve problems
• Exceptional written communication skills for program-wide communication and website updates
• Collaborative approach to work across departments to achieve goals