Business Development Associate – Private Equity
Summit Park is a Charlotte, North Carolina-based private equity firm focused on investing in lower middle market companies.
The Firm is seeking to hire an Associate dedicated to the firm’s business development and direct-to-company sourcing efforts. The primary role of the position is to work with the investment team to source investment opportunities through outbound phone call and email campaigns. The individual will work directly with the Partner leading the Firm’s business development efforts. This is a two year position with opportunity for advancement after demonstrating efficiency in the role. The position is based in the Firm’s office located in Uptown Charlotte.
• Weekly outbound communication (call and email) to private company owners
• Industry and company research to identify businesses that fit within the industry focus and strategy of Summit Park
• Active database management and utilization of firm technology to drive volume and effectiveness of outbound communications
• Translating company owner introductions into active investment opportunities
• Support of sourcing efforts of Summit Park portfolio companies
• Tracking, reporting, and pipeline management in Salesforce CRM
• Assisting investment team in ad-hoc sourcing activities or duties
• Bachelor’s Degree with a record of academic accomplishment
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Self-starter with highly resourceful networking and prospecting skills
• Strong desire to be hands-on at a small firm and affect change
• Efficient in excel and CRM systems such as Salesforce
• Experience in professional or financial services a plus (origination, recruiting, wealth management, insurance, etc.)