Why join our team?
Vallen is an industry leader in delivering flexible supply chain solutions, while creating value for our customers, our supply partners, and our associates. At Vallen, we embrace what makes us unique. We thrive on the diversity of our associates and the different ways each of us contributes to Vallen’s success. We pride ourselves on being an inclusive company that values the growth of our associates. When you join Vallen, you become part of our winning team. Our vast network of connections is here to help you transform your job into a career.
As Vallen’s Communications Specialist, you’ll use your creativity and writing ability to share the voice of Vallen. You’ll work with company leaders and subject matter experts to create internal and external communications for various channels, including email, newsletters, social media, and video.
Essential job duties and responsibilities:
• Develop content for internal newsletters, including research/writing/editing, creating photography or video assets, formatting and assembling content in appropriate platforms or applications for distribution
• Lead and manage social media efforts, including creating and scheduling content in collaboration with marketing, sales, and other team members
• Develop, manage, and maintain content for company intranet pages
• Support the creation/editing and distribution of various corporate messages
• Ensure internal and external messages are consistent and support organizational goals
• Collaborate with marketing and communications team members and external agencies to develop campaigns and collateral
• Assist with communications strategy and measurement
• Support communications and activities for Vallen’s employee resource groups (BERG and VICKIE) and community engagement (Vallen Cares)
• Additional communications tasks and duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in a related field and at least 2+ years of applicable experience, which should include:
• Strong communication skills, including research, writing, editing, and proofreading
• Social media experience and knowledge of best practices
• Ability to work across departments and functions to support organizational communications
• Detail-oriented and deadline driven
• Experience with or ability to learn various applications and technology platforms for writing, publishing, design, or layout. Applications include: Microsoft Office (Outlook, Powerpoint, Word, Excel), Poppulo, SharePoint, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign), or similar applications
• Photography and/or video experience is a plus, along with video editing in Premiere Pro