Human Resources Specialist
Are you passionate about making a company a better place to work? Are you so organized that everything has its place? Are you naturally efficient and good at juggling multiple tasks at once? If so, this may be the job opportunity you’re searching for.
Our next Human Resources Specialist is a strong self-starter who can multi-task with the best. They will:
• Be their friendly, approachable self and communicate on multiple platforms by answering employee questions over phone, emails, and other forms of correspondence
• Build strong relationships with our company’s managers in order to help them with their human resource needs.
• Amplify the Voice of the Employee (VOE): Identify defects in the employee experience with the use of engagement surveys, make recommendations, and implement appropriate solutions.
American Forest Management, Inc. (AFM) is the largest forest consulting firm in the United States. AFM currently manages over 5.7 million acres of privately owned timberland and has sold over $3.2 billion in real estate transactions under AFM Real Estate, a subsidiary of AFM. With 300+ employees operating from 52 offices in 17 states, Panama and Costa Rica, AFM’s team of professionals is focused on meeting client needs by providing a complete range of forestry services. Our small, regionally dispersed offices provide individualized services, and our large overall size allows us to coordinate teams of foresters and technical specialists for large, complex jobs.
AFM’s team of professionals is focused on meeting client needs by providing a complete range of forestry services, including land and wildlife management, land sale and acquisition services, forest inventory and design, growth and yield modeling, cash flow projections, environmental services, appraisal, forest resource data management, and harvest scheduling.
We look forward to reviewing your application, so apply now!
Work/life balance, positive work culture
Full Time, Option to work from home a couple of days a week (after 90-day probationary period)
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
Healthcare and Disability plan, 401K, paid holidays and vacation, eligible for annual bonus plan
The ideal HR Specialist will:
• Have a bachelor’s degree in human resources, Psychology, Business, or related field
• Have at least 5 years’ experience in a similar role
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills