Graphic Designer – Creative Services
The Office of Creative Services at Gardner-Webb University is a division of University Communications and Marketing. Our creative team manages the University’s brand, builds client and vendor relationships, and produces a variety of University collateral. We are seeking a Graphic Designer to join our team.
The Graphic Designer is an exempt, full-time member of Creative Services, and responsible for conceptualizing, designing, and producing University collateral, under the direction of the Associate Vice President for Marketing/Creative Director. This process involves developing graphic design solutions, assisting with photo shoots, determining printing specifications and obtaining print bids, selecting vendors, preparing files for print and digital output, managing production and delivery of projects, and collaborating with clients and team members to produce materials that adhere to University brand standards and support the University’s messaging, vision, and goals. Typical projects include, but are not limited to University publications, mailings, billboards, advertisements, logo creation, promotional swag, and digital banners, along with a range of other marketing and campaign materials.
The Graphic Designer’s ability to work independently, as well as with a team, coupled with strong project management skills and a drive to achieve excellence are essential to this position.
The position will be based both in Charlotte, NC at Gardner-Webb University’s Charlotte campus and on the main University campus in Boiling Springs, NC. How time is allocated between these locations will be determined by the Associate Vice President for Marketing/Creative Director.
• Degree in graphic design
• 2-3 years of professional graphic design experience
• Experience working in a Mac OS environment
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat) and Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of the print production process, preparing files for print, and requesting print estimates
• Understanding of digital design and output (social media graphics, website banners, digital signage, etc.)
• Experience collaborating with creative teams, clients, and vendors
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, and client service skills
• Strong eye for color, composition, typography, and photo editing
• Commitment to quality, accuracy, and attention to detail
• Exceptional organizational skills with strong initiative and follow through
• Ability to work within brand guidelines, conceptualize projects, articulate design solutions, manage and prioritize concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment, problem solve technical and print production issues, meet deadlines, and maintain electronic job files and job jackets
• Experience in higher education is helpful but not required
Gardner-Webb University maintains a policy of non-discrimination. No aspect of employment will be influenced by race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, veteran status, genetic information, age, or any other basis prohibited by statute.
Gardner-Webb University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of diversity within its faculty, staff, and students.