Visual Arts Specialist
This position will provide graphic design services and brand management to the School of Nursing for a broad range of media, including brochures, posters, advertisements, invitations, websites, e-newsletters, video, social media and other projects as assigned. Employee will also be involved in designing, updating and maintaining web pages, social media and email templates. Duties may also include management of print production, photography, video editing and working with outside vendors under direction of supervisor.
High school diploma or equivalency and two years of visual/graphic arts experience related to the area of assignment; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Graduation from high school and four years progressive photographic experience including two years in a highly specialized field of photography; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Essential job duties:
• Provides advanced consulting, planning, designing, creating, and delivering robust graphical products that visually support the School of Nursing brand and communicate information through digital and traditional materials such as print materials, webpages, collateral, advertisements and flyers, magazines (mini-mag, annual report), brochures, logos, save-the-dates and invitations, website and social advertising, thumbnails, digital banners and heroes, and on-site experience/branding such as power points, programs, agendas, menus, surveys, printed reports and follow-up digital representation
• Brand management and infusion throughout all communications and events materials will be a core of this role
• Develop original digital illustrations and infographics
• Interactive media production – animation, motion design, responsive graphic elements. Management of School of Nursing’s Style Guide to maintain proper brand presence
• Management of student worker who executes routine graphic design tasks
Other work responsibilities:
• Assist with the development/maintenance of the SON recruitment plan
Experience, skills, training and education:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field from an accredited university and at least two years of professional visual/graphic arts experience required
• Preferred 4+ years (thorough)experience with technical software, including Adobe Suite – Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
• Solid creativity and visually innovative eye for user experience, including brand management. Ability to create and manage style guide specifications, including color builds, typography, and logo management
• Possession of an advanced level of technical skill or knowledge in graphic design concepts and application
• Ability to create, apply and lead the usage of digital files for social media
• Experience with photo capture, selection, and complete editing
• Ability to create print design, develop materials, and manage processes
• Videography/video editing skills preferred, including technical software for video editing, specifically Adobe Premiere and After Effects
• Thorough knowledge of website content management systems such as Drupal