Girl Tribe Co. recently opened in SouthPark — the local brand’s third location.
Why it matters: Brick-and-mortar is far from dead. People still crave in-person experiences that you just don’t get from shopping online.
- Plus the new store expands the local female-owned brand’s physical footprint from northern Mecklenburg County to south Charlotte.
Context: Charlotte natives Carrie Baker and Sarah Baucom co-founded Girl Tribe in 2014. Their SouthPark store joins their flagship in South End and Girl Supply Co. in Birkdale Village.
- They chose SouthPark “for those who can’t make it to South End,” Girl Tribe founders told Axios via email.
What to expect: A bigger version of their South End store, the founders say.
- It’s ultra girly, like their other locations — decorated in pink and purple with vintage accessories designed by the founders, who were assisted by local designers 8lincoln30.
- There is also a fern and moss wall installed by Savage Way.
- You can also get customized T-shirts, sweats and accessories in-store by Girl Tribe’s Custom Shop.
- Plus, there’s a photo booth, like the one inside Hello, Sailor.
Details: The more than 17,000-square-foot store is located in Morrison Shopping Center at 532 Governor Morrison St. Suite C 120, inside the former AIR Aerial Fitness space, near Barnes & Noble.
- It’s open Monday through Saturday from 10am-6pm and 11am-5pm on Sunday.
Take a look around.
Editor’s note: This story was originally published on Oct. 21, 2022 and updated on Nov. 8, 2022.