Principal Engineer – Contact Center as a Service
Wells Fargo technology teams drive innovation to create a more powerful and fulfilling financial experience for our customers and team members. You will join more than 24,000 team members supporting 95 billion transactions annually in 10 countries. Our career opportunities span the technology spectrum: advanced analytics, big data, information security, application development, cloud enablement, project management and more.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is currently seeking qualified applicants for the Principal Engineer in the Contact Center Technology team who will help lead the transformation of the Contact Center into a Cloud hosted, Software as a Service solution.
In this role, you will:
Provide technology guidance, road maps and best practices to drive the transformation of the Contact Center. The engineer should be an out of the box thinker who is ready to challenge existing implementations and requirements and drive standardization while collaborating with the functional partners in adoption of core capabilities.
• Act as an advisor to leadership to develop or influence applications, network, information security, database, operating systems, or web technologies for highly complex business and technical needs across multiple groups
• Lead the strategy and resolution of highly complex and unique challenges requiring in-depth evaluation across multiple areas or the enterprise, delivering solutions that are long-term, large-scale and require vision, creativity, innovation, advanced analytical and inductive thinking
• Translate advanced technology experience, an in-depth knowledge of the organizations tactical and strategic business objectives, the enterprise technological environment, the organization structure, and strategic technological opportunities and requirements into technical engineering solutions
• Provide vision, direction and expertise to leadership on implementing innovative and significant business solutions
• Maintain knowledge of industry best practices and new technologies and recommends innovations that enhance operations or provide a competitive advantage to the organization
• Strategically engage with all levels of professionals and managers across the enterprise and serve as an expert advisor to leadership
• 7+ years of Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
• 5 + years of Core Java experience
• 3+ years experience of public and private cloud integration preferably with Google
• 3+ years of experience with cloud architecture, framework and design patterns
• 3+ years of experience in working with teams building microservices
• 5+ years of information technology design experience including systems, applications or architecture
• 3+ years of experience building conversational intelligence tools like Google dialog Flow
• Experience supporting a phone, email, online or digital contact center environment
• Experience visualizing and creating high-level models used for analyzing, extending, and maturing business architecture
• Knowledge and understanding of digital channel systems, processes, and analytic tools
• Knowledge and understanding in working with third party hosted solutions
• Knowledge and understanding of CI/CD Pipeline
• Familiarity with Git and Github version control, Gradle & Defect Tracking (JIRA) tools
• BS/BA degree or higher in computer science/computer engineering/information systems/information technology
Flexibility to work additional hours outside regular business hours.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.