Lead Software Engineer
Wells Fargo technology teams drive innovation to create a more powerful and fulfilling financial experience for our customers and team members. You will join more than 24,000 team members supporting 95 billion transactions annually in 10 countries. Our career opportunities span the technology spectrum: advanced analytics, big data, information security, application development, cloud enablement, project management and more.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Software Engineer.
In this role, you will:
• Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact
• Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines
• Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs
• Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors
• Make decisions in developing standard and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives
• Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals
• Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor
• 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
• 3+ years of Data management, Data Integration, Data Warehouse and BI experience
• 3+ years of experience in building Data APIs/Services
• 3+ years of experience with Dev-Ops, CICD Pipeline
• An industry-standard technology certification
• Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Experience Hadoop ecosystem tools such as Apache Flume, Apache Kafka, Apache Sqoop, Apache Flink, Apache Hive or Apache Storm
• Agile Scrum (CSM), SAFE certifications or other advanced Agile certifications
• Experience with Agile Scrum (Daily Standup, Sprint Planning and Sprint Retrospective meetings) and Kanban
• 2+ years of experience with modern software engineering technologies and tool sets
• 2+ years of experience with systems architecture and design
• 3 plus years in big data and/or cloud data solutions
• Knowledge and understanding of Home Lending
Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.