Founded in 1903, Crittenton is a non-profit organization that provides maternal, family care and life skills services for girls and women who have experienced trauma. We’re nationally accredited and guided by a trauma-informed model of care to make our clients feel safe, supported and empowered. We exist to help every girl and woman who walks through our doors realize a better tomorrow. Our five core values that drive our service delivery are: Compassion, Respect, Inclusion, Accountability and Hope.
Crittenton employees, along with our community partners and volunteers play an integral part in our success. Our employees are here because we care about our clients. As a Crittenton employee, you will help to create positive outcomes, guiding clients toward a better path and helping them stay on it, even when the journey gets difficult.
Here are some of the many ways our employees help girls and women realize a better tomorrow:
• Building a foundation of self-esteem
• Creating stable, sustainable family units
• Ensuring healthy delivery and baby
• Overcoming trauma to achieve self-sufficiency
• Keeping mothers and children together
• Facilitating positive future outcomes
Working at Crittenton provides you with the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of girls, women and children in a unique working environment. Benefits include complimentary meals during your shift and many opportunities to attend valuable training to enhance your personal and professional development.
General description of duties:
The Development Associate will provide support to the agency’s Development & Public Relations department, as well as the CEO.
Line of authority:
The Development Associate reports directly to the Director of Development.
• Full time, Exempt
• $40,000 – $47,000 annually, Depending on Experience
Specific duties and responsibilities:
• Oversees the donor database: enters donations, customizes and produces acknowledgment letters, runs donor reports
• Provides mailing lists and pulls donor and financial reports from the database
• Manges and records matching gifts and gifts from corporate giving programs
• Develops plans for donor outreach and communications, tracking results
• Manages the grants calendar to ensure timely submission of all grant opportunities
• Writes a wide range of professional communications including: letters of inquiry, grant proposals and reports, appeals, event sponsorship requests and donor acknowledgments
• Cultivates new and existing donor relationships
• Manages and executes special events with the Development team: i.e. Annual Golf Tournament
• Solicit in-kind donations, sponsorships and other forms of monetary and in-kind support
• Works collaboratively with the Director of Development, CEO and Development team to develop and implement annual marketing and communication plan
• Plans and executes development activities, events, projects, and meetings
• Facilitate tours of the agency for audiences including current and potential donors, referral sources, and volunteers
• Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience; previous professional experience in the nonprofit sector with two or more years of fundraising experience strongly preferred.
• Commitment to Crittenton’s mission, goals and values
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail: strong database entry skills
• Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to treat confidential information with highest degree of privacy
• Experience with nonprofit fundraising and/or special events as a staff or volunteer preferred
• Demonstrated initiative and ability to multitask to meet deadlines
• Database experience required
• Experience with marketing, Social Media management, MailChimp, WordPress a plus
• Ability to be flexible (some evenings and weekends)
Crittenton is an essential service. We remain open and all employees report to work onsite during any federal, state or local shutdown restriction. Each employee is essential; therefore, we do not offer work-from-home options. We take the health and safety of each resident and staff seriously. We have put in place many protocols recommended by the CDC, OSHA and county health department to protect our residents and team.