Senior Software Engineer
Wells Fargo technology teams drive innovation to create a more powerful and fulfilling financial experience for our customers and team members. You will join more than 24,000 team members supporting 95 billion transactions annually in 10 countries. Our career opportunities span the technology spectrum: advanced analytics, big data, information security, application development, cloud enablement, project management and more.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Software Engineer.
In this role, you will:
• Lead moderately complex initiatives and deliverables within technical domain environments
• Contribute to large scale planning of strategies
• Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs associated with technology domain, including upgrades and deployments
• Review moderately complex technical challenges that require an in-depth evaluation of technologies and procedures
• Resolve moderately complex issues and lead a team to meet existing client needs or potential new clients needs while leveraging solid understanding of the function, policies, procedures, or compliance requirements
• Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and mid-level managers to resolve technical challenges and achieve goals
• Lead projects and act as an escalation point, provide guidance and direction to less experienced staff
Required qualifications, US:
• 8+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
• 8+ years of UI (User Interface) experience using in one or a combination of the following: Angular, React JS
• Experience with Agile Scrum (Daily Standup, Sprint Planning and Sprint Retrospective meetings) and Kanban
• Knowledge and understanding of Cloud computing,micro services and containers
Required Qualifications, International:
Experience in Software Engineering, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
• An industry-standard technology certification
• BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology
• 6+ years of Spring experience
• 6+ years of RESTful or SOAP web services
• Apache experience
• Financial services industry experience
• Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
Senior Software Engineer will be responsible to design, code, test, debug and document programs using Java, Spring/Spring Boot framework technologies in Apache/Tomcat environment, Oracle, Angular, HTML5, cloud, middleware, operating systems, Software-as-a-Service, and Platform-as-a-Service products. Well versed using Agile practices.
Participates in the strategy and design for projects associated with their technology domain including, upgrades and deployments. Utilizes advanced technologies and methods to integrate their technology domain with other technology domains, enabling the creation of new or expanded heterogeneous environments.
Develops new documentation and departmental technical procedures. Assures data quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported technology domain.
Successful applicants will have ability to work in a team oriented environment while leading development and implementation of a large and complex intranet application. This requires leveraging advanced knowledge and experience with cloud based applications, Java, Spring Framework, Angular 8+, and SQL skills. The Senior Software Engineer will handle analysis, design, programming, debugging and unit testing.The Senior Software Engineer will be given the opportunity to analyze business requirements as they pertain to web-based systems in order to determine and implement the most efficient and cost-effective software/package solution.
Expectations also includes maintaining existing code, performing enhancements as part of an Agile delivery team, deliver major/minor security fixes and vulnerability remediation as required.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.