Director of Marketing
2ULaundry and LaundroLab are on a mission to create time for the world to focus on the things that matter most – and that probably isn’t laundry! We’re a rapidly growing startup that is rewriting the rules around this time-consuming task by building two complementary brands. With our convenient pick-up and drop-off service and modern, inviting laundromats, we provide people with an effortless and convenient solution to laundry and dry cleaning to give them back time because as we all know, time is valuable.
2ULaundry and LaundroLab are poised for explosive growth across the country. We’re looking for an accomplished Director of Marketing to empower, build, and grow our marketing team composed of paid marketing, marketing operations, web, mobile, data analytics, and beyond. You’ll work with a wide variety of stakeholders across the company, influencing our company growth and overall go-to-market strategy at the highest levels. You’ll collaborate most closely with a team of marketers across Field, Growth, Product, and Brand marketing channels as well as introduce new programs to accelerate our growth across a variety of vectors.
You’ll have the unique opportunity to build programs that introduce 2U and LaundroLab to new customers, prospective franchisees, and geographies. You’ll oversee our conversion optimization frameworks and processes, accelerating our growth by testing and learning throughout our funnel, from brand awareness through first purchase, and beyond. You live and breathe all the acronyms–CRO, SEO, A/B Testing, ABM, CAC, SEM, CPL etc–and have expert ability to prioritize the highest leverage opportunities and build clear growth roadmaps for improving customer acquisition and retention.
You are an analytical and creative leader, able to work hands-on with data as well as develop effective ways to engage our audiences. Your strong integrated campaign thinking enables you to achieve results by combining data, intuition, and experience. You challenge the status quo and aren’t afraid to take informed risks and empower your team to do the same.
The Director of Marketing will report to our President and serve as part of our leadership team. This role will be based in our Charlotte office and will be a hybrid role.
• Grow, lead, and manage a team of A+ marketers executing against an integrated marketing plan optimized for achieving our companies goals
• Provide hands on marketing leadership and have a strong analytical background to develop and execute an overarching marketing strategy that achieve immediate and long-term high-growth goals
• Own and report on marketing and growth KPIs internally (team members) and externally (board, investors) presenting areas of improvement and solutions
• Own national expansion including developing our go-to-market strategy to ultimately exceed our forecasted goals against expectations
• Own our customers experience across a variety of channels both offline and online touchpoints and drive improvements through insights, data, and A/B testing
• Manage external partners including Paid Media, SEO, and PR agencies, designers, and developers to enhance our customer experience across digital and physical touchpoints
• Manage the LaundroLab Brand Fund to increase brand awareness and enhance brand equity across our network of store owners
• Develop and manage a 5-star marketing support service to our store owners, helping them grow their revenue and increase satisfaction in their customer experience
• Prepare, manage, communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual budgets against marketing performance and results to drive same store sales and guest frequency
• Support our Franchise Development and Recruiting teams on executing strategies to increase leads and applicants across different campaigns and channels
• Direct and support market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data for short- and long-term market forecasts, initiatives and reporting
• Maintain brand standards and ensures compliance across all marketing and communications channels
• Lead all internal and external communication processes as well as present in group settings including to our Franchise Advisory Committee, Discovery Day attendees, and to our Board of Directors on an as needed basis
• Foster and lead relationships with other franchisees involved in brand level marketing including developing a Marketing Advisory Council
• Establish KPIs and benchmarks based on historical data, consumer/audience, and platform trends, develop and improve measurement processes and templates to ensure ongoing and one-off reports are accurate, actionable, and timely
• Continuously improve strategy by establishing metrics that measure performance and cost per acquisition, churn, and adjusting the channel mix and messages as necessary
Who is the ideal Director of Marketing?
• Strategic leader: Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through a comprehensive analysis of current and future trends and delegates to stakeholders appropriately
• Proactive: Takes initiative and driven to get things done. Responds positively to pressure and comfortable taking calculated risks. Gets things done quickly and handles a variety of activities
• Analytical: Able to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights
• Decisive: Decision making is focused on implementing practical, timely solutions
• Innovative: Anticipates future issues and works to contain them before they become problems. Developing new ideas, programs, and plans in order to drive value in our services, creating moats and differentiation amongst our competition
• Organized: Plans, organizes, & schedules in an efficient, organized manner. Manages multiple priorities and a fast-paced environment
• 10+ years of experience in marketing with an emphasis in B2C, growth, franchise, and brand marketing
• 3+ years of experience in franchising or multi-location companies
• Alignment with our companies purpose, mission, and core values
• Previous experience in a marketing leadership role, managing various functions and team members to drive top-line growth at a B2C company
• Proven track record of delivering results against targets across many channels, teams, agencies, and geographies
• Experience developing and driving large, integrated, cross-functional marketing campaigns from end to end
• Deep empathy and proven ability to recruit and coach high-performing growth marketing teams
• Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate and inspire a team
• Expert ability to analyze data, foster an always-be-testing environment, and leverage insights to increase performance
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Covetous interpersonal skills and ability to prioritize tasks
• Experience managing multi-million dollar budgets
• High degree of proficiency in CRO/Growth frameworks and processes, SEO, SEM, CMS/Website management
• Franchise experience a plus
What are the perks of being the Director of Marketing?
• Ability to get in on the ground floor and have a significant impact at one of Charlotte’s fastest-growing franchise companies
• Direct and regular access to thought leaders in the startup, franchising, and laundry industries
• Benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401k, and an Employee Assistance Program
• Unlimited PTO policy that our employees actually use!
• Working with a supportive, driven team working to build our startup into a nationally recognized brand
• Free laundry!
2ULaundry and LaundroLab are equal opportunity employers. We value diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment representative of a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Employment is decided solely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.