Youth Center Counselor (Part-time Weekday Mornings)
The Youth Center Counselor is responsible for all duties related to providing child-watch services in our state-of-the-art child-watch facility, also known as “The Treehouse”. Prepares, leads, and supervises play and activities that provide appropriate social interactions while complies with all health and safety procedures.
• Schedule is based on weekly child-watch shifts in the Treehouse.
• Must be available 10-15 hours a week.
• Availability requirements include – Tuesday-Saturday weekday mornings leading into the afternoon
• Typical shifts – 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
• Ensures knowledge of club policies and procedures as it refers to the Youth department
• Ensures knowledge of all safety and first aid protocol procedures, and proactive in preventing accidents
• Assists in planning age-appropriate activities for children and families
• Greets children and parents by name, in a professional and friendly manner
• Communicates with parents at drop-off and pick-up regarding needs and preferences specific to their children
• Interacts with children in a friendly manner by playing games, teaching skills, etc
• Handles and properly cares for all event and child-watch center materials, with proper storage after use
• Leads and supervises play and activities during child-watch center shifts
• Assists with diaper changes, bathroom monitoring, meals, and snacks
• Recommends new ideas for toys, programs, supplies and promotions
• Completes opening and closing duties to ensure a clean and safe work area in the child- watch center
• Resolves disputes between children when necessary
• Disciplines using verbal redirection, physical removal, and time out as appropriate
• Communicates with and informs immediate supervisors of any unforeseen circumstances and reacts appropriately
• Assists with lunch/dinner service as it relates to youth activities
• Maintains a safe and clean environment
• Exhibits proper phone etiquette
• Attend all department staff meetings and trainings
• Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Valid First Aid and Infant/Child CPR Certifications
• Six months experience working with groups of children ages 6-months – 12 years
• Ability to communicate effectively, fluent in English
• Ability to work outside during all seasons
• Ability to provide basic hygiene services for young children
• Ability to provide a supportive and caring environment, while supervising children
• Must have a positive, upbeat, friendly attitude and enjoy providing five-star customer service
• Must be a team player who can develop strong and positive working relationships with all staff
• Must be able to climb stairs
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs. daily
• Constantly walks and stands, reaches, bends, lifts, carries, and stoops
• Frequently washes hands
Our team members are a friendly group of professionals! We enjoy a beautiful environment, free meals, employee outings & events, and golf & tennis playing privileges. We have a positive work environment with a dedicated, hardworking, and fun-spirited team.
Background check and drug test required. We are a drug free workplace.