Lead Infrastructure Engineer
Wells Fargo technology teams drive innovation to create a more powerful and fulfilling financial experience for our customers and team members. You will join more than 24,000 team members supporting 95 billion transactions annually in 10 countries. Our career opportunities span the technology spectrum: advanced analytics, big data, information security, application development, cloud enablement, project management and more.
About this role:
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
This position is for third-level production support of Wells Fargo web sites and e-commerce applications. This includes both Linux and Windows operating systems with Tomcat and WebLogic application servers as well as Apache and IIS web servers.
In this role, you will:
• Be responsible for deploying code, implementing new infrastructure and new technologies, developing automation solutions using Ansible, developing alerting and alarming solutions, and 24×7 production environment monitoring and support to ensure optimum performance, availability, and security of the front-end and middleware environment
• Utilize advanced system administration tools
• Perform advanced application support for the resolution of highly complex technical problems
• Directed large-scale projects and application implementations from proof of concept through testing and installation
• Gather statistics and analysis to assist architecture engineering and development teams in determining capacity planning requirements to support projected transaction volumes, response times, and system availability targets
• Collaborate with enterprise partners on issues and initiatives that impact the infrastructure
• Provide training and direction to less experienced web support engineers and staff
• 5+ years of Technology Infrastructure Engineering and Solutions experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
• 5+ years of application production support experience
• 5+ years of technical troubleshooting experience
• 5+ years of experience leading multiple implementations
• 5+ years of batch processing support and troubleshooting experience
• 5+ years of build-deploy automation and configuration experience within the Linux and Unix environment
• 5+ years of scripting and automation experience
• 5+ years of Tomcat implementation experience
• 3+ years of Tomcat administration experience
• 5+ years of Apache experience
• 3+ years of web applications experience
• 3+ years of technical documentation and publication experience
• 3+ years of experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, UDeploy (Urbancode Deploy) or a combination of both
• 2+ years of AppDynamics experience
• 3+ years of Splunk experience w
• 2+ years of F5 LTM experience
• Experience with Ansible automation tool
• 3+ years of experience with Infrastructure-as-Code tools such as Ansible, Terraform or CloudFormation
• 4+ years of Web Services experience
• 4+ years of Perl or Shell experience
• 5+ years of Weblogic experience
• 3+ years of web applications experience
• Ability to communicate confidentially and professionally
• Experience building partnerships and consulting effectively with leadership
• Ability to influence and collaborate at all internal organizational levels
• Ability to influence and build relationships with LOB stakeholders, technology CIO leadership, external service providers, and architecture teams
• Advanced scripting skills specifically around automation, log rotation, data collection, error collection and alerting
• Experience with Agile Scrum (Daily Standup, Sprint Planning and Sprint Retrospective meetings) and Kanban
• Experience with Apache Kafka and Apache Storm
• Knowledge/exposure with Mongo DB and/or Apache Cassandra
• Knowledge/exposure to Redis (cache and message broker)
• Exposure to Windows Servers
• Ability to work on call as assigned
• Ability to work additional hours as needed
Wells Fargo will only consider candidates who are presently authorized to work for any employer in the United States and who will not require work visa sponsorship from Wells Fargo now or in the future in order to retain their authorization to work in the United States.
Selected candidate will be required to work within the following Wells Fargo locations: 1755 Grant St., Concord, CA or 1525 W. W. T. Harris Blvd, Charlotte, NC. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.