The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Foundation was established in 2004 by local business and civic leaders to support the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department and promote public safety in Charlotte, NC. As an independent 501c3 non-profit organization, we dedicate our efforts to assuring safer neighborhoods and highly skilled and equipped police through better technology, education, and programming. Through tax-deductible contributions from private donations and fundraising efforts, we provide the tools and training needed for a cutting-edge police force and, most importantly, to bring our community together.
The Executive Director leads and directs the Foundation in conjunction with the Board.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Passionate leader of people and causes who can lead the day-to-day operations of the Foundation; Able to be the “face” of the Foundation; Driven go-getter; Professional presence that exudes confidence and will command conversation for successful outcomes
• True connector with genuine warmth; Engages people from all walks of life; Naturally interacts with all constituents – Board Members, donors, key leaders, and Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department
• Owner Mentality; Strategically prioritizes and manages projects; Multitasks and triages what’s most important; Doesn’t need to be told what to do or when to do it
• Visionary; High-level executive skills to run a Non-Profit; Prior experience on or with Boards; Understands the roles and goals of Board and Board initiatives; High Emotional intelligence; Perceptively handles strong personalities to deliver results
• Ability to champion Fundraising and development; Knows how to sell mission and vision of the Foundation; Easily builds rapport with donors and actively follows up on commitments; Proactively networks around fundraising and identifies new grant opportunities
• Delivers effective marketing materials; Manages the website, emails, and other social media content; Maintains a strong donor presence with a forward-looking agenda
• Strong program management skills; Organized; Can build and enact processes to keep tasks and the Board on track; Drive to take overall program to the next level
• Event leadership expertise; Envisions and enacts all plans for successful annual fundraising lunch; Coordinates run-of-show, speakers, venue, menus, sound, and visuals
• Consensus and bridge builder; Inspires Board and Foundation to further the larger agenda; Reaches out to and engages like-minded associations and leaders across the United States
• Basic accounting knowledge to maintain financials, produce budgets and provide periodic reconciliations; High commitment to follow through on actions and goals and keep Board in front on needed actions as well; keeps fundraising records and other necessary reports up to date; Experience with Quicken/Quickbooks a plus
• Exceptional oral and written communication; Adept at public speaking; Ability to produce and give meaningful, polished presentations
• Solid judgment; Integrity; and always confidential in nature