The Dilworth favorite Bonterra will expand in size and services while maintaining many familiarities.
Axios recently reported that the new location will offer many services but dinner did not make the list. Now, owner JD Duncan tells us that dinner will be the first option to be offered at the new spot.
What’s happening: Bonterra will open its new location in Phillips Place on Tuesday, Sept. 20.
- The 3,600-square-foot restaurant is located at 6809 Phillips Place Court, Suite A, across the street from The Palm.
- Duncan tells us that we can expect a few things to be consistent with the original location, like the long-term servers, for instance.
- “We’ll have fried lobster tails and the same servers from 20 years.” said Duncan.
Background: The renowned restaurant was a Dilworth staple for more than two decades while operating out of an old church built back in 1897.
- The old location will be turned into a surf-and-turf restaurant called Leluia Hall.
Why it matters: The restaurant joins the growing list of fine dining options in SouthPark just in time for the influx of people coming to the city for the President’s Cup.
- Plus, the restaurant opening is the latest step in the overhaul of Phillips Place, which is getting aesthetic upgrades and several new tenants.
Menu: Expect coffee and breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner in the coming weeks.
- A selection of coffees by La Colombe Coffee Roasters and an assortment of baked goods and breakfast items will be served in the mornings.
- An extensive cocktail menu and a wine list containing over 200 wines by the glass will be available.
Vibe: The new space will have a modern look but Duncan says the same familiar faces will provide a welcoming atmosphere.
- There are about 80 seats inside and outdoor seating to accommodate more people.
- Duncan says the space has been compared to an upscale restaurant that would be seen in larger cities like Miami and New York.
- “The old space reached its prime. The new space is supposed to be more modern.” Duncan said.
What’s next: Bonterra is currently accepting reservations for dinner only for the first week of being open.
- Lunch options will be available during the second week following the opening.
- Event space is available to book through their website.