The Ruth officially opens today in Wesley Heights.
What’s happening: It’s the third event space for Marysue Boyle’s hospitality firm Beau Monde, joining The Collector’s Room in South End and Circle M Farm in Lincolnton.
- The space will be available for events like weddings, galas, birthdays, corporate events and bridal and baby showers.
- The Ruth held its first wedding on Sept. 10, and Boyle told Axios they already have wedding inquiries coming for 2025. The venue offered presale bookings before and during construction. It’s pretty booked on the weekends most months through 2023, Boyle told Axios.
- Charlotte Brunch Fest is among the first events scheduled to take place at The Ruth. It’s set for Sunday, Sept. 18, from 1-4pm.
Why it matters: There’s a limited number of venues for big events like weddings, and in a growing city like Charlotte, venue availability goes quickly. The Ruth provides another option.
Details: The Ruth is a 10,000-square-foot space on the rapidly developing Thrift Road. It’s close to Uptown without the congestion, and there’s a serene garden behind the building that’s fitting for everything from wedding ceremonies to yoga classes.
- The space is zoned for 868 people total between the inside and outside. Boyle said their sweet spot for events is 150-400 people.
- Its two suites can accommodate 20 people per suite.
- Roots Catering is their catering partner, and Roots owner Craig Barbour catered Boyle’s wedding.
The Ruth also has abstract artwork from Morgan Walker, who goes by Melvin G., throughout its space, all of which is for sale and starts at $150.
It’ll also offer mixology classes as part of their peek behind the bar program, which will launch at The Ruth during the holiday season.
- You can also expect boozy brunches and tailgates for Carolina Panthers and Charlotte FC games. You’re shuttled to the game, or you can also stay at The Ruth and watch games there.
Location: 2122 Thrift Road
Price: Venue rentals will start around $3,000, but a Saturday during peak season will be around $8,000. Weekday rates will start at $1,800.
What’s next: There will be a formal grand opening in November. The exact date is TBD. Boyle told me they are considering opening their next event space as early as next year.
- “Growth is the fun part,” she said.