STK Steakhouse is now open in the former Carolina Ale House space in Uptown.
The international brand has nearly 30 locations in major cities including Las Vegas, New York, Dubai and London.
Why it matters: STK’s arrival marks the latest in a growing list of upscale, trendy prominent steakhouse chains to plant roots in Charlotte. Among a few notable additions: Eddie V’s in Uptown and Steak 48 in SouthPark.
What to expect: STK has what management calls a “vibe dining” atmosphere, which it says combines the feel of a modern steakhouse with a chic, high-energy lounge, complete with a live DJ.
- STK’s menu features premium steaks, high-end seafood and specialty cocktails.
- There are three private dining rooms (for private events and larger parties) and a bar upstairs.
Zoom in: Charlotte Plaza is a 27-story building on College Street between 3rd and 4th streets. It is owned by New York-based Rabina and managed by Foundry Commercial.
- “We’re thrilled that STK has selected Charlotte Plaza to launch their entry into this market, capitalizing on an opportunity that positions the brand on one of Uptown’s most prominent corners,” Lynne Lawrence, EVP, asset management with Rabina, said in a statement.
- It’s open for lunch Monday-Friday from 11am-3pm.
- Dinner is Monday-Thursday 3pm-midnight, Friday-Saturday from 3pm-1am and Sundays 3pm-11pm.
- Brunch is served Saturdays and Sundays from 10am-3pm.
- The restaurant offers a daily happy hour with $3, $6 and $9 appetizers. Happy hour is Monday-Friday from 3-6:30pm throughout the whole restaurant and Saturday-Sunday from 3-5:30 at the bar.
Laura’s thought bubble: STK is the kind of place you go to for a special night out. Inside, it feels like you’re dining at a restaurant in Las Vegas or New York — and it has the prices to match. Expect to pay around $250-$300 for a dinner for two. The service was incredible.
I went on a Friday night within its first week of opening. Here’s a look inside and everything we ordered:
What’s next: Its expansive outdoor patio is still under construction and is expected to be complete in the next two to three weeks.
Editor’s note: This story was originally published in Sept. 2022 and updated Oct. 2023 to reflect the restaurant’s opening.