Customer Service Representative
As a Customer Service Representative at United Rentals, you will provide service and support to internal and external customers. This is a pivotal role as you will be the first point of contact for many customers. Therefore, professionalism is key in this high volume and fast paced environment.
At United Rentals, we offer an exceptional environment and the opportunity to learn, grow and advance in your career. You will be supported by a strong management team that will help you achieve your goals. Plus, you will be empowered to contribute at a high level in our dynamic and engaging organization.
We offer flexibility on schedules and the ability to work in a hybrid environment in office and at home.
Additional duties include the following:
• Answer and appropriately direct inbound customer service calls and emails regarding rental termination requests, equipment service requests, rental requests, billing inquiries, escalations, etc
• Log all call details into our ERP system, Rental-man
• Escalate after-hours emergency service and rental requests
• Adhere to processes and call guidelines as applicable to the call type
• Other duties assigned as needed
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 1-2 years of customer service experience
• Strong verbal skills and ability to speak clearly and articulate
• Data entry skills-40 wpm
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications
• Able to deal with a high volume of tasks, stressful, and sometimes unfamiliar situations
• Excellent time management and efficiency skills
• Excellent organizational skills with heavy attention to detail
• Able to deal with conflict and respond professionally
At United Rentals, the largest equipment rental company, we believe that it takes great employees to build a great organization – and we’re passionate about helping our people grow professionally and embrace teamwork in everything they do. Our culture is based on our corporate values and centers on mutual respect, job satisfaction, diversity and a shared responsibility to build a better future.
What’s in it for you?
U.S. Full-time roles: Best-in-class benefits offering includes medical, dental, vision, flex spending and health savings accounts; 401(k) retirement with company match; life and disability insurance; and paid time off including sick, vacation, holidays, and paid parental leave. Comprehensive training and development and career growth opportunities.
U.S. Non-Full Time roles: Benefits offering includes 401(k) retirement with company match; paid time off including sick, vacation and holidays; and comprehensive training and development and career growth opportunities.
Canada: Best in class benefits package which includes medical, dental & vision, RRSP/DPSP*, paid time off, comprehensive training and development, and career growth opportunities.
Offered for full time roles, non-full time eligibility in select provinces.
United Rentals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.