CEENTA’s Purchasing Manager position’s responsibilities, tasks, and duties are centered around managing company’s overall supply chain and logistics strategy to maximize the process efficiency and productivity. This includes evaluating, implementing and improving procurement strategies, managing central and remote inventory locations and overseeing the logistics of incoming and outgoing deliveries. This position oversees and manages the purchase, maintenance, and repair of all medical equipment. This role requires constant critical and analytical thinking as it applies to the strategies and processes guiding the decision-making factors of the organization’s supply chain.
Responsibilities, tasks, and duties are centered around managing company’s overall supply chain and logistics strategy to maximize the process efficiency and productivity. This includes evaluating, implementing and improving procurement strategies, managing central and remote inventory locations and overseeing the logistics of incoming and outgoing deliveries. This position oversees and manages the purchase, maintenance, and repair of all medical equipment. This role requires constant critical and analytical thinking as it applies to the strategies and processes guiding the decision-making factors of the organization’s supply chain.
• Leads and manages team by utilizing best practices for procurement, inventory, and logistics management
• Implement and maintain organizational procurement system which utilizes centralized inventory principles
• Manage using PODIS the retinal drug program including working with vendors, stabilizing volume and distributing product to all parties
• Plans, manages, and coordinates all activities related to the sourcing and procurement of necessary supplies needed to maintain exceptional patient care
• Oversees the purchase, maintenance, and repair of all equipment
• Creates strategic plan with managers of various departments and locations to implement and manage an automated procurement system which utilizes best practices through centralized inventory management
• Manage and mitigate supply costs through vendor contract management. This includes the management of all GPO (group purchasing organization) affiliations / catalogs
• Establish and manage vendor relationships to ensure vendor compliance
• Manage the flow of all incoming and outgoing supplies. This includes overseeing applicable freight contracts
• Works closely with the Director of Compliance to ensure that all supplies and equipment are compliant to all mandated standards
• Report and maintain supply budget transparency with the Chief Financial Officer to ensure that supplies are expensed appropriately and within budgetary expectations
• Ability to meet the physical and mental demands of the position
• The ability to work on-site
• Predictable, reliable, and prompt attendance
Skills and abilities:
• Proficient in automated procurement system
• Proficient in Excel
• Basic understanding of accounting principles
• Ability to communicate professionally (written and verbal)
• Building Partnerships
• Decision Making
• Critical Thinking
• Management of Material Resources
Training will be provided on both the automated procurement system (ENVI), as well as CEENTA accounting systems. Proficiency is expected within 90 days.
Our mission is to be the premier eye, ear, nose, and throat group providing comprehensive, quality, and ethical healthcare to all in the Carolinas; to provide a favorable environment for the delivery of healthcare; and to provide for the wellbeing of the physicians and the employees of Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat Associates, P.A.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field from an accredited college or university.
• 5 plus years of procurement experience preferably in a health care organization preferred
• Experience with GPOs, negotiating prices, terms and conditions within contracts and agreements required
• The work environment of this position is variable. At times, this position may work in a quiet office, remotely, or possibly at a high-volume site location
• This position utilizes a computer daily
• The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
This position supervises two Procurement Specialists and Logistics Coordinator. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This position is full-time (40-hours), during normal hours of business. This position has remote capability under Manager’s discretion.
Physical and mental requirements:
The physical and mental demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to see, talk, and hear
• The employee is often required to sit / stand for extended periods of time
• The employee is often required to sit in front of computer for long periods of time
• The employee is required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
• The employee must be able to lift 50lbs
• Ability to problem solve
• Ability to think and react quickly
• Ability to supervise others
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to interpret data
This position must be able to travel on occasion to all remote locations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. In addition to those essential functions identified above, individuals in this position are also responsible for performing other duties or tasks that may be assigned. CEENTA retains the discretion to ad or change the essential job functions of this position at any time without notice.
A Typical Day in the Position:
A typical day in this position is largely centered on managing the balance of proactive and responsive supply chain management for the organization. Ongoing responsiveness and priority management is required, as the environment constantly changes in all functional areas of the department. This position actively manages the workflow of the department and prioritizes requests and team projects. The automated procurement system is heavily utilized daily in this position, as it provides transparency to several key components to this role such as on-going inventory management and monitored vendor compliance. Diversions such as stock outs or equipment failure occur and require immediate attention. Other responsibilities of this role such as sourcing, expense auditing, reporting, etc. are frequent, and ongoing.