Summerbird, a new restaurant opening in South End, hopes to remind you of summer year-round with southern classics and modern favorites.
Whether you’re in the mood for a crispy chicken sandwich or want to lean on the healthier side with a salad, the restaurant will have a balance of both with their opening on Monday, August 29.
- “We want it to remind you of backyard barbecues, the feeling of escape, and the magic of summertime,” explains Austin Tate, managing partner at Silver Falcon Capital.
Why it matters: Located at the RailYard South End — next to Stir and North Italia — Summerbird will offer a fast-casual option to a busy part of the neighborhood.
- It also will be part of the chicken sandwich boom that Charlotte’s experienced in the past couple of years.
- But here you won’t have to fight with your friends over healthy and not-so-healthy options; this place has both.
Details: The full menu is coming soon. But Tate tells us that in addition to chicken sandwiches and salads, Summberbird will offer chicken tenders, butternut squash, soft serves, shakes, and citrus-ades. They’ll also have beer, wine, and hard seltzer.
- “Our menu offers craveable, healthy and indulgent options to make sure there is something for everyone,” Tate tells Axios.
- It will be open Sunday through Thursday from 11am to 10pm, and Friday to Saturday from 11am-11pm.
- The exact address is: 1422 S. Tryon St., Ste 140
What’s next: Summerbird plans to expand with another location in Charlotte and one more on the south east.
- In the next two years, Tate says they hope to open multiple locations in the region.