Senior Data and Operations Analyst
Varda Partners is a privately-held online marketing and sales firm. We utilize digital marketing, deep data analytics, proven business optimization strategies, and enhanced sales strategies to increase sales and profitability for our wholly-owned business lines and those of our partners. Our depth of experience in these areas enables us to structure performance-based relationships with our partner companies so that we win when they win. We are an early-stage growth company founded and led by experienced digital marketing and sales executives. Working at Varda, you will have direct access to senior leadership in a positive, collaborative and fun team environment. Compensation will be competitive and will include medical/dental benefits, 401(k) with employer contribution and more.
We are seeking a talented Senior Data and Operations Analyst to contribute analytical rigor to our marketing and sales operations efforts for an e-commerce business. You will immediately become a key member of our team, working with our partners and our experienced marketing, operations, and technology teams to continue our aggressive growth. The Senior Data and Operations Analyst will participate in a wide range of initiatives and will have a direct impact on our success by taking analyses through to implementation, enhancing our operational efficiency, effectiveness, and profitability.
• Generate, analyze, and optimize key business metrics
• Using analytics tools (SQL, Excel, etc.) and statistical modeling, generate insights and drive business decisions
• Develop new and better ways to leverage our data
• Conduct a wide range of analyses to gather and understand high volumes of transactional and web behavioral data in order to drive potential new products, optimization tests, and enhancements
• Participate in and lead strategy development
• Identify opportunities, make improvement recommendations, and lead implementation of those changes
• Work closely with our marketing and development teams to implement, test, and optimize new website technology
• Act as owner and manager of cross-functional teams to implement new initiatives
Desired skills and experience:
• 3+ years of experience
• A strong professional and academic track record
• Demonstrated quantitative aptitude and a comfort level speaking and communicating with numbers, math, and statistics
• Experience with data analytics, statistical, and visualization tools, such as MySQL, Excel (significant experience required), Tableau, Python
• Experience writing SQL queries across complex relational databases as well as experience collecting and mining data from disparate sources and assessing data integrity
• Previous work experience using analytics to develop and implement strategic decisions in a business environment
• Demonstrated ability to implement and manage new initiatives from start to finish
In general, we look for people to join our team who are self-driven, smart, persistent, creative, dependable, and eager to grow in responsibility. Strong interpersonal skills are a must. Perhaps most importantly, we want people who are passionate about being successful.