Accord Development Group is bringing four luxury “mod-century” homes to The Cloisters neighborhood for $2,220,000 each.
What’s happening: Construction is underway on the four high-end homes in the neighborhood off Providence with an expected completion of the summer or fall of 2023.
- The homes were designed by the architect of our 2021 Home of the Year, Bryan Mermans.
- Of note: One home has already sold (633 Edgemont Rd) but the remaining three are still available (639 Edgemont Rd., 3819 Warrington Dr. and 619 Edgemont Rd.).
Details: Ranging from 4,521 to 5,080 square feet, these homes feature 5 bedrooms and 5.5 baths.
- The two-story homes sit on .35 to .45 acre lots with an option for a detached garage.
- There’s also an option for a two-story home with a basement and attached garage.
Style: “Mod-century” is a play on words that tie the time period in which the Cloisters neighborhood was built and pays homage to the homes’ mid-century style.
- Mermans wanted less embellishment that is commonly seen in homes of the 1950s.
- There was more focus on the exterior with grand porches and open spaces in these modern day, mid-century influenced homes, Mermans said.
- “These homes will capture the exterior spaces by drawing the eyes inside through roof lines, and transparency in carefully placed windows and doors. Open floor plans help with connecting the owners to all spaces including the extension into the grand modern-day porches in each home,” Mermans said.
Layout: The placement of each room was designed with entertaining in mind.
- Each home has a chef’s kitchen with connections to a dining room and centralized living room, large recreation rooms and outdoor stone porches with fireplaces.
- The main level features the primary bedroom and guest suites throughout that are connected to their own private bathroom.
Here’s a look: