Associate Director, University Events
The Associate Director of University Events will be responsible for the strategic development and activation of marquee events hosted by the Chancellor. These events include donor cultivation/recognition events, VIP speakers, award ceremonies, and various other events in support of the university. The Associate Director will also assist with monitoring departmental workflow, calculating ROI for events, and suggesting creative/innovative enhancements for each event.
Bachelor’s degree and one year of experience related to the area of assignment; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Graduation from a four-year college or university and at least four years of program associate experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Essential job duties:
• Serves as the primary backup for the Senior Director of Events and assist with departmental workflow
• Responsible for the planning, implementation and evaluation of Chancellor level University Events
• Manages event and program planning logistics including, invitations, setup, marketing, catering, staffing and vendor relations
Other work responsibilities:
• Develop, execute and present a comprehensive plan to calculate and report on Return on Investment (ROI) for each event
• Assemble and report on ROI data to senior leadership on an ongoing basis
• Assist Senior Director with allocation of resources within the department, assisting with departmental workflow/deadlines, budgeting and staffing
• Serve as the primary creative director, suggesting/implementing enhancements for events, adding innovative elements to both the execution of the events and the engagement with guests before, during and after events
Experience, skills, training and education:
• 5 years event management and/or project management experience
• Knowledge of event planning strategy and best practices
• Experience planning events at a high level (c-suite/executive/president, etc.)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Suite and other event management applications
• University or higher education event experience