We’re a team of bright, driven professionals, each of whom brings unique perspectives, experience, ideas, and skills to our roles. Our company culture means everything to us—we call it CARE (Collaborative. Adaptable. Respectful. Efficient.) Every member of our team works hard to exemplify these qualities in every aspect of the work we do each day.
We’re looking for people who genuinely want to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our team. It’s not enough to be a cog in the machine here—and you’ll never be treated like one. We want people who thrive in a fast-paced, flexible environment: people who can think creatively, problem-solve quickly, and who welcome change and challenge with positivity. We’re always pushing ourselves and our solutions forward for our clients. If this sounds like a good fit for you, we hope you’ll join us.
Xceleration is seeking a talented Visual Designer with diverse experience in both digital and print design. We are looking for someone who has a passion for crafting user-focused, detail-oriented design but also has killer, eye-catching layout skills for all our marketing, print, and internal communication needs. This designer will be a key player on our impactful Creative Team under the guidance of the Creative Strategy Manager. They will also collaborate frequently with the Marketing, Sales, Merchandising, Technology, and Client Solutions Teams to deliver innovative, effective visual design.
To be considered as a candidate for this position, you must include a link to your online portfolio of previous work.
• Create highly functional but also visually appealing visuals across a variety of design disciplines (digital, product, UI and print)
• Quickly familiarize yourself with client brand standards and incorporate them correctly and effectively into designs
• Take ownership of our internal brand standards for our companies and products (Xceleration, Gifting by Design, Luxury Concierge Travel and RewardStation®) Work to constantly improve upon them and ensure brand cohesion and consistency is always met
• Generate comps and renderings that effectively communicate physical products and product packaging that inspires and engages customers
• Translate communication touchpoints into presentation slides and proposal templates for internal collaboration and external exhibition
Desired skills, experience and education:
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Graphic or Visual Design or similar discipline
• Comfortable working in a hybrid environment and will be able to attend in-person team meetings as needed
• A minimum of 5 years experience working in-house on a creative team or at an agency
• Detail-oriented and thorough in their work
• Resourceful storyteller who can effortlessly adapt to internal and external client objections, critical feedback, and last-minute changes
• Ability to transition quickly between projects based on the needs of the business
• Advocate for simple, elegant design solutions that make the biggest impact
• Communicate persuasively across different audiences and varying levels within the organization (you will work with everyone—from intern to CEO)
• Highly skilled in Microsoft Office and the Adobe Design Suite but more specifically PowerPoint, XD, Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
• Design-literate and fluent in all the acronyms: PNG, JPG, GIF, SVG, PDF, PSD, AI, INDD, RGB, CMYK, PMS, HEX, CTA, CMS, UX, UI… (you get the picture)
• Print-literate and able to package files precisely and accurately for professional printing: file management, paper stocks, paper weights, paper sheens and finishes, bleed and slug, margin, color modes and ink specifications, digital printed packaging specifications such as fold, cut and bleed, registration, color-matching, spot colors, stamping, scoring, folding, die cutting, and more
• Experience should include long-format layout (catalogs, brochures, and presentations), logo design, and marketing communications
• Familiar with User Experience design, including creating wireframes, designing responsive sites within in a Bootstrap grid, Accessibility and W3C Web Standards, etc
• Familiar with Dropbox, team collaboration and communication applications like Slack and Zoom, project management and planning applications with time tracking (examples: JIRA or Wrike) and project/task effort estimating
• Competitive pay, perks, and employee-first policies: company-paid holidays; generous PTO; flexible scheduling opportunities
• Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short/Long-term Disability, Paid Parental Leave, Tuition Reimbursement, 401(k) & Retirement Planning
• Open-door management and Employee Experience practices, transparent career advancement planning and professional development opportunities
• Comfortable, casual work environment—we are currently a Hybrid workforce
• Participate in the solutions you build! Our employees participate in Xcel!, our internal recognition program. You’ll use RewardStation®–our proprietary software–to give and receive points for a job well done. You can redeem your points in a catalog built just for our team, with exciting merchandise, gift cards, travel & experience options, and more