Surgical Technologist – Surgical Services
This position is Sign-on Bonus eligible. Surgical Techs are eligible for a bonus up to $10,000 for Full-time positions and up to $7,500 for Part Time positions based on experience. In addition to the sign-on bonus, new teammates at Atrium Health are eligible for robust benefits packages, paid time off and a Career Advancement Ladder that rewards you for years of experience within your area of specialty.
Seeking FT/PT Surgical Techs for all shifts available for various locations within Atrium Health Greater Charlotte Region
Applies surgical technology skills to assist in providing patient care in the surgical suite while maintaining a safe work environment and performing all related job responsibilities. Ensures quality patient care during the operative procedure, and is constantly on vigil for maintenance of the sterile field.
• Possesses a thorough knowledge of aseptic technique and its application
• Assists in obtaining and organizing supplies and instruments prior, during and after surgical procedure
• Assists Registered Nurse circulator in preparation of patient, assembly of supplies, instruments, equipment and proper disposition of all specimens; assists with all aspects of room turnover
• Performs duties according to department policy and procedure
• Monitors surgical supplies for sterility prior to use and ensures that supplies are used in a judicious manner, charges are documented/submitted accurately and appropriately
• Monitors and documents sterilization activities for completion
• Attends in-services/staff meetings; exhibits knowledge of current department-related issues and participates in Performance Improvement Process
• Participates in educational opportunities to increase competency and meet personal needs and goals
• Assists in the development of policies, procedures, and standards
Works with occasional intermittent noise and exposure to conditions such as dust, fumes, and chemicals. Ability to communication and write. Strenuous physical effort will require walking, stretching, bending, climbing stairs, twisting, and squatting or kneeling while performing tasks. May have lengthy periods of standing. Requires frequent use of side vision, lifting, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds. Use of both hands and all fingers and is required to use hands for gripping, speed work and precision during the operation equipment/instruments and movement/positioning of surgical patients. Vision and hearing for distances of up to twenty 20 feet is required, depth perception and able to distinguish basic colors is required. Ability to work for lengthy, or irregular work hours, rotating shifts, working on hard surfaces, being near moving equipment, changes in temperature, humidity, and exposure to Blood Borne Pathogens.
Education, experience and certifications:
High School Diploma or GED required. Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider required. Graduate of an accredited school of surgical technology required or successful completion of military training program for Surgical Technology or Operating Room Specialist. Current certification preferred.