Donor Development Officer
You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are quick to take initiative. You are a real go-getter with grit and tenacity. You have experience in sales strategy development and implementation and a robust understanding of Non-Profit Landscape and critical connection points with donors. You are great at building sustainable relationships which enables ANSWER to secure the funding needed to grow and expand.
ANSWER is keenly focused on making generational impact aimed at improving the educational experience of mothers with school aged children. Today, as an independent non-profit, ANSWER Scholarship has been the answer for more than 100 moms in our region to help advance their education and set an example their children will never forget. Some spouses and partners of ANSWER scholars have been motivated to earn college degrees as well. ANSWER builds economic mobility in Charlotte and beyond, one family at a time. The Andersen Nontraditional Scholarship for Women’s Education and Retraining, or ANSWER, provides not only scholarships but also a unique mentoring program and comprehensive support services for our scholars. The combination of funding, mentoring and support services has helped to achieve high graduation rates and help to positively impact the lives of these mom’s children.
You are the right person if you’re:
• A motivated self-starter
• An expert communicator, in person, on the phone and by email
• Are able to develop a long-and short-term donor strategy and implement the plan
• Can identify and stabilize the key donor base of corporate and high net-worth individuals
• Able to build a pipeline of prospective funders by researching, identifying, and cultivating new corporate, foundation and individual prospects
• You enjoy working remotely and live in the greater Charlotte, NC area
• A passion for education and helping others to make a generational impact in their families and communities
• 5 + years’ experience in fundraising and/or development in the non-profit world
• A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Liberal Arts
If this sounds like you, we look forward to hearing from you