Ed’s Tavern opened a new neighborhood bar in Wesley Heights with a different name and it’s not “Bourbon N Burgers.”
FreeMore Tavern has a similar vibe as its Dilworth counterpart and the same menu, but the owners chose a different name to differentiate the two. “I don’t think we can duplicate Ed’s,” general manager Mike Morelli tells me. “It’s been there forever. It’s a staple.”
Context: Back in 2017, Ed’s rebranded as Bourbon N Burgers. They even went as far as changing their Twitter and Instagram handles to @bnbclt.
- As Axios’ Ted Williams wrote at the time, “people don’t react well to change.” And after just a couple of months, they rebranded back to Ed’s, following complaints from the neighborhood.
What to expect: FreeMore Tavern is a 3,400-square-foot space and seats 238 people inside and out.
- There are two patios, and three sound zones, meaning they’ll be able to host three watch parties at once.
- Its proximity to the Bank of America stadium makes it a prime tailgating location.
- Unlike Ed’s, they only have 12 beers on draft, but they have the same menu (including $3 tacos).
Details: FreeMore Tavern is open every day from 11am-midnight.
- The address is 1500 W Morehead St., right next to Rhino Market and Town Brewing Co.
What’s next: Eventually, FreeMore Tavern will host trivia nights. And they might extend their hours of operation past midnight, depending on demand.