Business North Carolina, an award-winning regional business magazine and internet publisher based in Charlotte, is searching for a part-time graphic designer. The magazine publishes profiles and in-depth features that describe the state’s key business trends and issues. BNC has served the state for 41 years.
The ideal candidate is a detailed-oriented, critical-thinking, team player who wants to improve the publication every month and make an impact, while building experience in publishing. Work in a fun environment with a creative staff of publishers, editors and designers.
20 hours per week (in-office and/or remote)
• Offline and online design in the publishing business
• Help select colors, layouts, typefaces and fonts for magazine covers and inside pages
• Decide on visuals to accompany written content
• Combine graphics, written content and advertisements to create compelling layouts
• Oversee the advertising sections.
• Communicate with sales reps and advertisers.
• Design ads as needed.
• Work on the design and layout of the sponsored sections and supplements.
• 3+ years experience in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
• 2+ years of experience working with WordPress and social media platforms