A new restaurant named Tremont is taking over the old Bocado space at Atherton Mill.
The new restaurant and bar will open by early July.
Why it matters: Tremont is co-owned by Big Ben co-owner Neel Gandhi.
- Before Bocado, Big Ben owned the space for 10 years.
- Gandhi says he’s excited to be back in the neighborhood. “There’s so much more here now,” he said, pointing to Trolley Barn, and the other businesses recently opened at Atherton Mill.
The vibe: Tremont will be a local “drinkery and eatery” Gandhi tells Axios. “It’ll be a fun and relaxing atmosphere,” he added.
- There’s room for about 75 people inside and 60 outside on the patio.
- With TVs on every corner and game-day drink specials, it’ll be a pre- or post-game destination.
Menu: You’ll find a variety of starters, salads and main plates with a big section of burgers. Tremont also has a full bar, including shaved ice cocktails.
- They will serve Fish & Chips like they do at Big Ben, but that’s about the only similarity you’ll find between the two restaurants.
Grand opening: Tremont’s grand opening is Saturday, July 9, and it’ll soft open a few days before that.
- They’re hiring for full-time and part-time positions at the front and back of the restaurant.
Details: It’ll be open 11am-11pm Tuesday through Thursday; 11am-1am Friday and Saturday; 11am-10pm on Sundays.
- The address is 2000 South Blvd. #530.
What’s next: Gandhi tells Axios he hopes to expand the menu eventually and add a brunch menu. Plus, they hope to host trivia and music bingo in the future.