Dining Room Supervisor
Our team is responsible for upholding an “unparalleled country club experience” for our members and their guests through first impressions, kind, and attentive service throughout their visit, and always a fond farewell. We focus on personalized service, exercising our ability to create memorable experiences on a daily basis.
Oversees the dining room operations at Charlotte Country Club. Responsible for the planning, implementation and management of smooth-running dining room facilities which includes management of dining room reservations, member entry into the dining rooms, member seating and service, and team training and engagement. Providing top level, personalized service to members and guests alike, while training and managing staff in F&B operations with oversight and mentorship from the Leadership Team.
• Under the direction of the Leadership Team, develops an integral service team that effectively, professionally, and in a caring manner executes the F&B operation; typical supervision may include hiring, training, and group coaching of the service staff
• Conducts dining team line up meetings regularly
• Maintains open and clear communication with F&B management and culinary team
• Establishes and maintains an open, cordial, and respectful relationship with the members
• Represents Charlotte Country Club in a professional manner and always complies with dress code
• Acts as a motivator and coach on the floor to promote positive attitude and teamwork
• Manages the dining room reservations, dietary restrictions, member name recognition upon entry into the dining rooms, member seating and the service of food and beverages
• Directs the proper set-up and supervision of the server staff for all meal periods, clean up and resetting of each dining room, and the thorough completion of all server’s side-work
• Understanding of the club handbook and communication with the service team to ensure all standards are held in conjunction with the leadership team
• Records all proper documentation including comment sheets, daily cover report, and tallying monthly cover reports
• Frequently writing staff menu quizzes for menu roll outs, weekly specials, and ongoing menu offerings
• Inspects and signs off on all the chits for accuracy, correct errors if needed
• Knowledgeable in payroll and hours status regarding the Service department to prevent overtime and labor misuse
• Follow ups on negative comments from dining rooms within 24 hours and then distribute feedback to F&B team
• Programs menus and daily changes in prices, counts, and specials to POS system in Northstar
• Implements and trains staff to properly check out inventoried items in ClearSky
• Maintain proper inventory levels in product (silver, glassware, etc.) and communicate any adjustments while partnering with ALC leadership
Banquet functions (as needed)
• Executes banquet events according to specifications
• Point of contact for host upon arrival and throughout the event regarding any changes, substitutions, or special requests; follows up with host at the conclusion of event with a fond farewell
• Creates staff side work assignments and communicates floor plans
• Directs room preparation for setup of tables, chairs, linens, table settings, glassware, etc. – including a walkthrough of all member areas prior to guest arrival
• Communicates with culinary staff regarding menus, food preparation, and pace of service
• Acts as a situational leader and assists banquet staff throughout the event as needed (refreshing beverages, delivering food, clearing tables, etc.)
• Improves execution of future events by communicating feedback
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
•Prior serving experience in an upscale dining environment, with a strong track record of progression and growth
•Honest, respectful, dedicated, ethical, caring, have a positive attitude and a spirit to serve
•Excellent time-management skills, be detail-oriented, and have strong follow through skills
•Proven track record of leading other talented individuals to successfully providing top level, personalized service to members and guests
•Must possess exceptional communication, interpersonal, and member service skills
•Exercise good judgment and discretion in a professional environment
•Open to feedback; growth and development
Hours and schedule:
Must be available mornings, days, weekends, and holidays.
Our team members are a friendly group of professionals! We enjoy a beautiful working environment, free meals, staff outings & events, golf & tennis playing privileges. We also offer an assortment of medical benefits & perks for eligible team members including paid time off, free long-term disability insurance, free group life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance, 401(k) match and health savings account contributions from the Club. We have a positive work environment with a dedicated, hardworking, and fun-spirited team and polite and respectful leadership.
Candidates must pass a thorough background check and drug screen. We are a drug free workplace.