Director of People
DebtBook is an industry-leading fintech software platform that revolutionizes the way governments, higher education, and healthcare organizations and their finance teams manage debt and leases, empowering them to provide more and better services to their communities.
At DebtBook, we dream big, move fast, make an impact, and bring joy to everything we do. Our core values drive our success as an organization, and we are looking for talented teammates who share our passion for challenging the status quo, innovating in all we do, and wanting to make a difference. We are growing fast, but our people aren’t just a number — everybody has the opportunity to shape our culture and the future of the company.
Our people matter. We must create a culture and environment that makes employees feel happy and proud to work at DebtBook, because when our employees are engaged and feel appreciated and taken care of at work, we create an unstoppable company culture. People Operations is a strategic business function that focuses on putting the employee first by humanizing systems and continuously improving employee recruitment, engagement, development, and retention.
• 5+ years of HR experience, including leading or managing a People Operations or Human Resources team
• Eagerness to work in a startup environment and roll up your sleeves as an individual contributor to efficiently get projects done
• Experience building various programs from the ground up
• A commitment to building a positive and supportive culture
• Effective at building relationships and collaborating with departments heads and others without managerial authority
• Data-driven and adept at getting data to inform decisions, guide conversations
• Effective communicator using different mediums with a clear, concise voice
• Ability to flex and transition quickly from big picture strategic thinking to tactical execution
• Improve and build upon current recruiting and hiring processes, efficiently manage third party recruiting resource
• Oversee DebtBook’s benefits program and ensure employees have access to an affordable, competitive package
• Ensure new team members have an excellent onboarding experience and are well prepared to join their teams
• Supporting staff, managers and executives in all people related areas including: recruitment, performance management, compensation and rewards, staff relations, and people development
• Establish parameters, policies, and processes for managing title, level, compensation, pay equity, and diversity and inclusion
• Addresses employee’s pain points, and regularly speaks to the employees to understand what they need and want in their workplace
• Create an inclusive culture where employees feel involved in the entire process
• Responsible for building and managing the People Operations team
• Champion DebtBook’s values by building them into structured programs and exemplifying them day-to-day
• Develop a people strategy to achieve DebtBook’s business goals
• Map and continually improve the employee journey and lifecycle
• Understand the core drivers of employee engagement
• Provide human resources expertise and consultation across the business on the most complex and strategic decisions
• Create and implement a reward system and recognition culture that helps employees feel appreciated for their efforts
• Use data to drive better decision making and develop key metrics to measure employee happiness, performance, engagement, and retention
• Responsible for connecting individual employee performance with company goals and helping all employees understand their primary role within the wider organization
Empowered to Thrive
We want our employees to do meaningful and engaging work, and we offer benefits and perks that support their well-being and make their lives better, both in and out of the office.
• Be an Owner: On top of your salary and bonuses, every employee receives equity in the form of options at the time of hire with an opportunity to earn more throughout their tenure according to a structured plan
• Take Time to Recharge: We do our best work when we have work-life balance, and that includes self-managed PTO, flexible work hours, and generous leave policies
• Live Well: Keep your family covered with health, dental, and vision insurance
• Excel at Work: We provide top-of-the-line equipment and even stipends for remote workers to set up their ideal work space
• Grow Your Career: You aren’t just here to do a job — with Lunch & Learns, professional development, formalized career paths, and opportunities to engage with industry leaders, you are empowered to take your career to the next level
• Build a Community: Our work environment is results-focused, and we celebrate our successes as a team, whether it’s in-office coffee and donut breaks, happy hours at the local brewery, or taking on the leadership team in a friendly game of bowling
DebtBook is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on basis of disability.