Founded in 2017, Abacus Capital is a tactical real estate opportunity investor focused on the acquisition and development of income producing commercial real estate in growth markets across the southeastern United States.
Abacus Capital targets high-quality or otherwise irreplaceable assets with lower risk profiles where that risk might be mis-priced or otherwise misunderstood. We strive to identify inefficiencies or dislocations in the real estate capital markets that generate asymmetric return profiles, often characterized by downside protection through attractive going-in bases and current income. At various points in a market cycle we will typically focus on investing client capital either offensively or defensively. However, special situations may arise on an episodic basis where we believe a particular offensive investment opportunity may make strategic sense on a risk-adjusted basis in an otherwise defensive investing environment.
Our mission is to identify investment opportunities that we believe offer our investors the most compelling risk-adjusted returns in a dynamic capital markets environment. In order to maximize our ability to capitalize on market dislocations or inefficiencies, we often leverage our extensive market relationships to partner with or hire best in class operators based on the specific opportunity, product type and strategy. Through a disciplined approach to capital allocation and strategic market selection we focus on value-oriented assets, seeking to generate superior returns for our clients by identifying opportunities with asymmetric return profiles often characterized by downside protection and durable in-place income.
The Abacus Capital team embodies the firm’s core principles: integrity, performance, accountability, discipline, agility, value orientation, and client alignment.
About Colony Commercial – Formed in early 2020, Colony Commercial is a full-service real estate firm that specializes in providing end-to-end property level solutions to ensure the best execution on behalf of its clients and their stakeholders. We are passionate about what we do, and we pride ourselves on being a TRUSTED, BEST IN CLASS, CLIENT-CENTRIC, SOLUTION ORIENTED, and RESLUTS DRIVEN advisor in every client engagement. Colony Commercial leverages its client-centric, results driven approach to deliver unparalleled advice and execution. Our goal is to exceed our clients’ expectations by delivering tailored property-level solutions that deliver value and ensure successful outcomes.
Abacus Capital and Colony Commercial are seeking an Office Manager to join the collective team. The role will support both sides of the business with their tactical real estate opportunity-driven investment and services platforms.
The Office Manager will work closely with all senior members of the firms, including Partners, VP’s, Brokers, and Construction Managers. We are looking for a high-energy candidate who wants to come to work every day in a fun and fast-paced environment.
• Provide administrative assistance, such as writing and editing e-mails, drafting memos, and preparing communications on behalf of the leadership team
• Preparing and helping with daily, weekly, and monthly reports for various service lines
• Maintaining comprehensive and accurate records
• Provide accounting assistance to the firm’s controller
• Provide assistance in any firm related marketing efforts
• Organizing meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders, and organizing catering, and other office administrative needs
• Schedule travel accommodations for the leadership team
• Lead all event and client entertainment planning and coordination
• Welcoming visitors in a warm and inviting manner
• Ensuring all office supplies and canteen are fully stocked with regularity
• Putting together materials for presentations and pitches
• At least 2 years (but ideally 4+ years) experience in a professional work environment
• A bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university
• Advanced knowledge of, and a demonstrated high proficiency in, Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• A strong comprehension of real estate as an asset class
• Highly motivated, assertive, and driven
• Committed to high standards of excellence and ethics
• Time management and ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Clear, articulate communicator
• Goal-oriented, organized, and diligent
• Exceptional attention to detail
To be determined based on experience level