This week promises near-record-setting highs, according to meteorologists at our news partners at WBTV.
And it’s going to feel even hotter.
State of play: Tuesday, June 14 is going to be the hottest day with a forecasted high of 100 degrees. The humidity will make it feel like 111, though.
- Wednesday and Thursday won’t be much better with highs of 99 and 96, respectively.
- We’ll get some relief — if you can even call it that — with highs in the high 80s and low 90s this weekend.
- 3,201 North Carolinians visited the emergency room in 2021 with heat-related illnesses.
What to do: We’ve got a few ideas to keep you cool as the temperatures rise, and have updated some of our guides:
- Get inside: Normally in the warmer months, we’d be saying get outside. Not this week. Here are 34 indoor activities when it’s miserably hot out in Charlotte.
- Play in the water: 9 free spraygrounds and splash pads to check out this summer in Charlotte.
- Stay refreshed: 9 places in Charlotte to get snowcones, popsicles and more frozen treats. Make sure to drink plenty of water, too.
- Head to the mountains: Work remotely this week from a mountain town. It’ll still be hotter than usual there, but a nice 10-degrees warmer than Charlotte in most places. Here’s our guide: 12 must-visit mountain towns within four hours of Charlotte.
- Check out an exhibit: Crayola IDEAworks exhibit is perfect for families and running now at Camp North End. Here are our takeaways.