The Jewish Federation of Greater Charlotte (JFGC) is a non-profit community building organization supporting a $5 million annual fundraising campaign. We impact and enrich lives here at home and around the world every day, supporting more than 60 Jewish organizations and initiatives that build community, foster Jewish identity, and nurture and care for the Jewish people. As part of a network of more than 140 Federations across North America, we are a vibrant community hub that connects resources, volunteers, leaders and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and ensure a thriving and sustainable Jewish future.
More information about our organization is available at www.jewishcharlotte.org
We are seeking an accounting professional to join our team. As part of JFGC’s Finance staff you will be responsible for a variety of accounting, financial and operational services including accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger account reconciliations and maintaining integrity of the donor database. This position will be an on-site, full-time position with flexibility to work remotely when needed.
Job responsibilities and essential job functions:
• Accounts Payable: Review approved invoices and credit card charges for coding and accuracy. Record in accounts payable and process vendor checks/disbursements
• Accounts Receivable: Prepare advertising invoices, donor statements and other invoices as needed
• Cash Receipts: Prepare bank deposits on a daily basis. Record deposits and online payments in CRM and accounting systems
• General Ledger: Complete non-complex account reconciliations, such as accounts receivable, accounts payable, and other balance sheet accounts. Prepare and record standard monthly journal entries. Track prepaid expenses
• Correspondence: Prepare donor payment acknowledgement letters, tax receipts and other correspondence as needed
• Mailing List: Maintain and update as needed mailing lists and contact information in the donor data base
• Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of Blackbaud’s Financial Edge and CRM
• Work closely with the Chief Financial and Administrative Officer to enhance processes and efficiencies
• Assist in annual audit
• Perform periodic administrative team duties when needed
• Carry out other duties as required or assigned by supervisor
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field, or Associates degree in Accounting or related field plus two years of accounting experience.
Required work experience:
1-2 years of experience providing accounting and financial services.
Key skills and qualifications:
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with attention to detail
• Self-motivated with ability to prioritize duties and meet deadlines
• Strong computer skills, specifically in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint). Experience with Blackbaud’s Financial Edge and Blackbaud’s CRM (or other non-profit software) is preferred but not required
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to interact professionally with employees, Board members and community members, always with the goal of ensuring the best representation of the Jewish Federation of Greater Charlotte
• Ability to handle confidential financial and personal information with discretion and sensitivity
Other job related requirements:
• Flexibility to work evenings and Sundays if needed
• This position must be based in the greater Charlotte area
How we care for YOU:
The Jewish Federation of Greater Charlotte proudly offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes:
• Salary Range $50,000 – $55,000; Commensurate With Experience
• Four Weeks of Paid Time Off, Days Off for Jewish Holy Days, and Early Closure for Shabbat
• Generous Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Benefits
• 401k Plan with an Employer Contribution and Match
• Professional Development and Skill Building Opportunities
• Flexible and Hybrid Work Environment
• Shalom Park Discounts for JCC Membership and Shalom Park Schools
• Free and Accessible Parking
The Jewish Federation of Greater Charlotte is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.