Manager, Box Office Bojangles Entertainment Complex
Charlotte will be recognized as the most sought-after city in the Southeast, known for its undeniable energy, passionate people, and captivating experiences.
The Box Office Manager directs all daily ticketing activities for Bojangles Entertainment Complex and the Charlotte Convention Center.
• Hires, supervises, trains, and disciplines all personnel relating to fiscal and box office and ticketing operations at the Arena, Auditorium and Convention Center.
•Manages daily deposits, checks, wires, cash advances, settlement, and proper accounting information for the Box Office. This position also manages petty cash funds for the two facilities and any reconciliation required with accounting
• Assists Administration in the preparation of Box Office budgets and financial reports
• Responsible for supervising the collection and accounting for all monies received by the Arena, Auditorium and Convention Center through the sale of tickets, event deposits, contract payments, service orders, etc
• Review ticketed event settlements for accuracy prior to payment
• Responsible for preparation, updating, revising, and analysis of performance budget reports regarding finance and box office operations
Ticketing and sales
• Coordinates with General Manager and/or Assistant General Manager to obtain sales information, schedules, etc. as it relates to ticketing, including daily sales figures
• Utilize and maintain all ticket office technology including sales software, validation scanners, credit card machines, printers to maximize ticket office efficiency
• Manage and monitor communication between all critical parties to ensure accurate completion of ticket counts, event builds, inventory management, will call, guest list, and all other Box Office processes
• Consistent monitoring of ticket inventory to ensure maximum revenue is reached
• Collaborate with promoters and Ticketmaster to dynamically price tickets and push inventory into additional revenue streams
• Create and identify additional sources of revenue to drive higher profitability and AOI impact
• Acts as a liaison between the Arena, Auditorium and Convention Center and the public regarding ticket sales, ticketing problems and complaints
• Acts as liaison between the Arena, Auditorium and Convention Center and leases/promoters regarding ticketing operations for events
• Responsible for providing audited box office statements to promoters on night of events
• Generate revenue using innovation and new technology
Additional job duties:
• Work closely with other departments including Accounting, Booking, Facilities, Marketing and Production and other venues
• Consults with appropriate staff regarding ADA issues
• Build and foster relationships with other ticketing professionals and venues
• Develop strong relationships with promoters to ensure high satisfaction and repeat business, assuring clients continued best interest by securing collateral and adding additional revenue to their bottom line
• Maintain high level of guest service, managing and resolving customer service issues, in a timely and professional manner
• Available to work weekends and nights when necessary
• Performs other duties as assigned
Consistently deliver the best in customer service. Demonstrate a passion for inspiring and be a driving force behind an amazing team to foster strong cross-functional relationships internally and externally by applying the Service Philosophy, to deliver memorable customer experiences.
Champion CRVA’s mission, vision and core values and comply with organizations policies and procedures.
Scope of responsibility:
This job will have periodic access to confidential data including wages and salaries, financial statements, company records and/or minutes, customer quotes, and company plans, designs, and programs.
• Directly supervises two to four employees in the Box Office
• Manage staff of around 50 employees
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
• Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work, submitting payroll- distributing paychecks; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
Knowledge and skill requirements:
• Maintain knowledge of current ticketing trends
• Must be able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
Education and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Sports Administration or Accounting is strongly preferred and 8 years’ experience (including supervisory experience), or an equivalent combination
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Ticketmaster, Microsoft Office Suite is required and knowledge of Ungerboeck is strongly preferred
• The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk
The noise level in the work environment varies depending on the event.