Director, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Our Vision: Charlotte will be recognized as the most sought-after city in the Southeast, known for its undeniable energy, passionate people, and captivating experiences.
The Director, DEI will lead the CRVA-wide Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion strategy to continue to strengthen our Employee-First culture and engagement levels across the organization.
Essential job duties:
• Work with leaders across the CRVA to embed Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, acting as the subject matter expert, and being accountable for the evolution of DEI implementation. Serve as a change agent, consultant, and influencer on inclusion and diversity-related issues that impact the CRVA
• Educate, partner, consult, and collaborate with the Executive Team, Directors, and Managers, to effectively build, incorporate, and carry out DEI goals and initiatives
• As a member of the Strategy team, collaborate in defining business goals and collaborate closely with leaders to drive progress. Provide perspective, insights, and knowledge to team members across the organization
• Lead DEI initiatives externally, to continue to promote the CRVA as a great place to work and community partner. Identify, build, and sustain external partnerships with various outside organizations including state level agencies, educational institutions including universities and community colleges, as well as non-profit organizations
• Join industry events to promote and expand CRVA’s reach and bring in best practices, monitor developments in the DEI space and recommend programs and/or initiatives for CRVA to engage
• Review existing recruiting practices, assess recruitment sources and partnerships, develop deeper relationships, ensure diverse candidate pools, and review additional opportunities to expand and grow our employer brand with diverse candidates. Provide support and expertise during recruitment events
• Work with the Director, Learning and Development to select, build and provide learning opportunities that teach about our Inclusion Core Value. Provide training for leaders and team member to implement best practices, programs, initiatives, and training. This will increase the capability of leaders and employees to create and work in an inclusive environment where all employees feel welcome, and engaged, and have the opportunity to be successful
• Collaborate with Corporate Communications Manager to increase DEI messaging through internal communications. Serve as a subject matter expert to support DEI storytelling
• Actively engage and collaborate with Directors to support the CRVA being recognized as a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization. Identify and address potential barriers across initiatives
• Maintain knowledge on current and emerging developments and trends for DEI, assess the impact, and collaborate with the Executive Leadership Team to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future strategies
• Must have knowledge regarding laws around equal employment opportunities, affirmative action, anti-discrimination laws, and cases in employment. Advise and assist Human Resources and department Directors in a variety of DEI matters including the interpretation and application of anti-discrimination laws in employment; conflict-solving efforts, as well as consulting on internal DEI issues
• Lead the existing CRVA Diversity and Inclusion employee advisory Committee to build out and implement strategic and aligned, inclusion activities and initiatives
Research and provide insight and analysis on diversity workforce management trends to support strategies to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce.
Collaborating with Human Resources and Managers, act as subject matter expert to help mediate any DEI tensions and conflicts; help neutralize activities to respond to and resolve any difficult and sensitive matters specific to DEI
• Collaborate with the Human Resources, Legal, and other departments in the development and implementation of diversity policies
• May perform other duties as required
• Consistently deliver the best in customer service. Model and be accountable ensuring the customers are always put first by living the CRVA Service Philosophy to deliver memorable customer experiences
• Champion CRVA’s mission, vision and core values and comply with organizations policies and procedures
Knowledge and skill requirements:
• Demonstrated success in collaborating with senior leaders and HR Partners to drive Diversity and Inclusion results
• Experience creating and executing diversity strategies on engaging, retaining and developing talent for large complex organizations
• Understanding of legal requirements and best practices and trends in diversity, equity, and inclusion, with the ability to translating into an actionable strategy and driving action across various teams
• Exceptional PowerPoint presentation & Excel skills
• Ability to develop, analyze and implement metrics
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
Education and experience:
Bachelors’ degree required; 5 + years of HR, Operations or DE&I experience with proven success embedding diversity in design and delivery of strategies, polices, plans, and processes.
The employee must be able to lift and /or move up to 10 pounds.
This job has 5% travel requirements, mostly within the City of Charlotte and North Carolina.
What we offer:
• Education Reimbursement
• CRVA University
• NC Retirement Plan
• Employee 1st Culture