Are you ready to start your career in Human Resources? Are you passionate about joining a mission driven company? Do you have an ability to understand other people, what motivates them and how to work cooperatively with them?
Everyone at Grubb Properties contributes to a team based on trust, integrity, and respect. We feel that embracing diversity and encouraging inclusion helps create the culture and environment our company needs to be successful and thriving. Every employee’s voice is valued and respected as we work together as a team to create success. The variety of our portfolio means Grubb Properties offers a diverse array of opportunities for advancement. With a supportive and collaborative work environment, we encourage and empower our employees to expand their skills, take on new challenges, contribute to the greater good in our community and reach their full potential.
We are looking for a dynamic Recruiting Assistant to join our growing team. In this role you’ll assist with recruiting functions to ensure that all recruitment procedures run smoothly.
To be a successful recruiting assistant, you should have excellent organizational and desktop skills. You should be a proactive problem solver, quickly resolving issues before they arise. Ultimately, a top-notch recruitment assistant should be able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization including prospective candidates.
What does a Recruitment Assistant at Grubb Properties do?
• Update and maintain internal job opportunities posting and sending out to company bi-weekly
• Send out regret letters in a timely manner to candidates not chosen
• Process credit card billings: ensuring accurate receipts are available. Helping with expense reports
• Reconcile and process background screening invoices
• Obtain position requisition forms from hiring managers; post on all decided-upon locations
• Coordinate in person or virtual interviews with candidates and hiring manager, schedule conference rooms, greet incoming guests, manage interviews by keeping all parties on time
• Resolving issues such as interview cancellations swiftly
• Coordinate background screening and drug screening process for all prospective employees
• Perform reference checks on candidates, as needed
• Assist with preparation of offer letters and packets, benefit packets and other employee related information
• Set up pre-employee file to include job description, resume/application, and bonus program to hand off to Human Resources team
• Maintain candidate database
• Creating and curating day to day content for social media post that exemplifies our work life
• Assist with additional projects, as assigned.
The ideal candidate is someone who has the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or another relevant field
• At least one year of experience as a recruitment assistant or administrative assistant
• High level of computer knowledge including ability to learn new programs
• Ability to interact professionally with all levels of personnel
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proactive problem solver
• Social media savvy
• Strong follow up, organizational and time management skills
• Strong attention to detail
Physical demands, environmental factors:
• Works in office setting
• Works under moderate supervision
•Frequently uses computers and phone to communicate (For example: type, write, calls, video, and text)
• Occasionally moves about to coordinate work
• Occasionally travels to other offices via car
What’s it like to work at Grubb Properties?
• Team oriented
If you are excited about this opportunity and would like to start or continue your career in Human Resources, please apply now. Grubb Properties is an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.