Cyber Security Analyst
Responsible for all cybersecurity-related functions, including vulnerability management, cybersecurity assessments, reporting, and research on emerging threats. Assists the Director of IT with software/hardware/network planning and strategies related to cybersecurity risk mitigation, as well as disaster preparedness, backup and recovery strategies, endpoint protection, and patch management.
The Cybersecurity Analyst works closely with the Information Technology department to ensure that systems and networks are always designed, developed, deployed, and managed with an emphasis on strong, effective security and risk management controls. Grubb Properties embraces a true collaborative team ethos, so the candidate will also assist Information Systems Engineers with a variety of desktop and/or network support. Must have excellent customer service and communications skills in addition to required technical skills. Must embody and embrace a team culture.
• Proactively monitor the environment to detect and implement steps to mitigate cyber-attacks before they occur
• Administer, execute, and maintain an effective backup/disaster recovery plan
• Review, investigate, and respond to real-time alerts within the environment
• Assesses new security technologies to determine potential value for the enterprise
• Create and maintain the company’s security dashboard
• Search for leading technologies and methods to improve the security related resources of Grubb Properties’ computing platforms, environments and operating processes
• Work with other IT staff to provide ongoing support for internal employees to include all hardware, operating systems, software, network connectivity, data management and other IT issues. Communication and customer service skills are a requirement
• Work with a select group of vendors and manage vendor support and contractual commitments
• Help to deliver cybersecurity awareness training
• Establish security policies and procedures and ensure adherence to those policies across the company
• Provide clear concise reports on security infrastructure, needs, demands, and shortfalls to management
• Recommend tools, processes, and methodologies that support global risk reduction.
Knowledge and critical skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Excellent people/customer service skills and communications skills
• Must be a team player and enjoy working with others
• Self-motivated and professional, with high work standards and attention to detail
• At least 5 years’ experience in related technical security roles
• Experience with vulnerability scanning and cloud-based cyber vulnerability assessments
• Experience with Azure AD, Office 365, Microsoft Teams
• Four-year degree with an emphasis in technology and/or business, or equivalent experience and relevant technical experience meeting the job description may be substituted for degree requirements
• Possess a deep understanding of the cyber kill chain, existing network & host security controls, to conduct vulnerability assessments for new and emerging common vulnerabilities and exposures (CVEs)
• Proficient knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems
• Palo Alto/Fortinet/Cisco firewall experience a plus
• Strong project management and troubleshooting skills
Physical demands and environmental factors:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear; climb, balance, stoop and kneel; lift up to 50 lbs; using close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus
• Works in an office setting with moderate supervision
• Analytical and logical thinking and a detail-oriented work ethic is critical
• Must successfully handle multiple concurrent tasks; frequent interruptions; clear concise communications
• Available during office hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., as well as on-call at night and on weekends
• Up to 20% regional travel may be required
• Critical features of this job are described under the previous headings. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors to perform other non-essential assignments and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description